IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

This is fantastic that you are doing this because I've gotten lost trying to keep up. It was very helpful to me.

I didn't see anything about the state of the authorization system around the no fly zones. I really don't know what the status of that system is?

I'm afraid to upgrade my app because I'm on the outer edges of a small airport nfz.
I think it's being beta tested right now, and should be available when they release it as 1.7. But don't quote me on it!!

In the end, it will be what it will be. We will have the ability to unlock most, is not all, NFZ's, with the exception of the restriction around Washington DC and Tiananmen Square. DJI will retain the ability to shut down the airspace, as they or a government wants..

Just like the government can with the manned airspace, or the roads, or the parks, or whatever.

I'm surrounded by 3 airports with an overlying military operations in the area. The airports are all good with my calls to them when I fly, and the tower controlling the MOA airspace just asks me to stay below 400 ft.

I think when ego is implemented, it will be pretty easy to use.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: bighi and snerd
In the end, it will be what it will be. We will have the ability to unlock most, is not all, NFZ's, with the exception of the restriction around Washington DC and Tiananmen Square. DJI will retain the ability to shut down the airspace, as they or a government wants..

Just like the government can with the manned airspace, or the roads, or the parks, or whatever.

I'm surrounded by 3 airports with an overlying military operations in the area. The airports are all good with my calls to them when I fly, and the tower controlling the MOA airspace just asks me to stay below 400 ft.

I think when ego is implemented, it will be pretty easy to use.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
We would have had none of these problems had we either, all stayed under 400, or DJI had forced 400. Along with the old NFZ and you physically disable air conflicts by drastic amounts. Now it's too late. And some still have the gall to come in these forums asking how to get over 1500 feet! I tell ya, I don't know who pisses me off more, the morons or DJI. At least the morons aren't lying.

Reactions: DrJoe
I found that if you don't get the update, Phantom does not let you take off. Mine is new and I'm new to the phantom.

I just purchased a P3 advanced and went to a fly park and was not able to fly because I was in a no fly zone. There was a guy with the same unit and he was able to fly. After reading this whole post I now see why. Mine is brand new and came with version 2.5 and he was on version 2.43. Can someone explain how to load 2.43? I am on apkpure.com and see djigo 2.43 but have a choice of xapk or apm. Any advise?

I went back to the same fly park yesterday and was able to fly. All the red circles were smaller than the day before. I'm not sure what's going on.

I went back to the same fly park yesterday and was able to fly. All the red circles were smaller than the day before. I'm not sure what's going on.
DJI is revising the NFZ data on their servers.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452638651.730722.jpg

Thanks to all for reporting issues with 2.5. DJI reacted to it and issued 2.5.1 immediately. I'm installing it and will report my findings.
Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't having any problems after your fix the other night but updated anyway. Happy to say the NFZ's look appropriate in my area in the suburbs north of Philly and after a quick flight all seems good. Thanks again for taking the lead so to speak in this long thread and pain in the *** issue!

did the update and power up the P3P, everything looks good, I am in a NFZ but was from the beginning, no yellow authorization zones

We would have had none of these problems had we either, all stayed under 400, or DJI had forced 400. Along with the old NFZ and you physically disable air conflicts by drastic amounts. Now it's too late..
I disagree. What about the clown who below 400 ft flies into the side of someone's car, grabs his quad and flees?

Also, don't think this "geofencing" is the end all. By the time it is fully implimented there will be a workaround available.

Please keep on sharing your experiences with 2.5.1 I'm reading every post and will summarize findings on post #1

First observation: it's not clear from the text of the release as "what exactly has been fixed related to NFZs experienced by few users". What was the need to issue another release and why issue could not be resolved by the data on the servers?"

Last edited:
I just called DJI north america support (+1 (818) 235 0789). Told him what's going on, he said your motors will not start in a No Fly Zone. I said yeah, I'm in an Authorization Zone, and I unlocked the zone in the website. He said sorry, email [email protected] I said is there any human I can speak to about this? He said no!

Did you download the FlySAfe beta app? It's only for android

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just called DJI north america support (+1 (818) 235 0789). Told him what's going on, he said your motors will not start in a No Fly Zone. I said yeah, I'm in an Authorization Zone, and I unlocked the zone in the website. He said sorry, email [email protected] I said is there any human I can speak to about this? He said no!

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Once you enter the correct SN from the beta app, you then make sure you are logged in on the App and the clearance will come up as Valid and you will be able to fly in Yellow zones only. I don't think Red zones will be lifted

Also the new 2.5.1 update is great, for me at least. Yesterday my home was in a No Fly Zone. Purchased an android tablet to use the beta Geofencing app. Was finally able to fly. Then today new app is updated and now nearly 3/4 of the NFZ have disappeared. Just my 2 cents

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20