ImmersionRC 600mw mount

I did'nt notice any difference at all in flight time , and I just like the clean install and the ability to remove the Vtx without ripping off 3M tape but that's just my opinion at the end of the day they all work.

Oh I agree. Anything to keep me from worrying about the thing dropping off during flight. I know it probably won't fall totally off because of the wires, but still... the less I have to worry about, the better... :)

Here was my solution works perfect is not going Anywhere is mounted on the opposite side as the compass so no issues.. looks good and works for me.Can be found on ebay for 20$ they are 3d printed

Attachments

• tmp_2402-20151017_163857-1746749465.jpg
    tmp_2402-20151017_163857-1746749465.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 332
  • tmp_2402-20151017_163915-168072294.jpg
    tmp_2402-20151017_163915-168072294.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 340
I saw that one, too. How much does it add to the overall height? I'd hate to install them only to find my hard case was squishing a bit harder.

It's minimal but I will have to wait and confirm I have a soft case coming so hopefully it fits in I just like that it now has its own place the reason I did this bc it is going to have a 3d print a drop mechanism for fishing lines to sit behind the gimbal made

Last edited:
So what is added to the other side to compensate for the mount? I can't tell from the pics. I have access to a few 3D printers, and I am on ThingiVerse a lot, so maybe I can find it there.

There's a spacer on the other side. The file is out there somewhere. The guy I got my crashed P2 from had these parts (he has several 3d printers) but didn't have the bit that holds the actual transmitter. It's a 3-part build, one for each side, and the final one for the transmitter which then mounts on one of the sides.

There's a spacer on the other side. The file is out there somewhere. The guy I got my crashed P2 from had these parts (he has several 3d printers) but didn't have the bit that holds the actual transmitter. It's a 3-part build, one for each side, and the final one for the transmitter which then mounts on one of the sides.

Sorry for another question: Did you use longer screws for the landing gear?

Sorry for another question: Did you use longer screws for the landing gear?

His came with some longer screws, but I didn't use the extensions. The landing gear was already jacked up. This thing must have hit a 100ft tall tree and then every branch on the way down. I ordered two of the newer style enclosed compass sets used on the P2V. Put one on the crashed (now with new shell) P2 and replaced the compass on my other P2, which then gave me a spare skid to put on the crashed P2 non-compass side.

Cool, lemme know how it goes.

Today I added a patch antenna to my Black Pearl monitor. I was able to get 800m with no signal loss, even after turning around to fly home. Usually I start getting interference around 100m, and flying facing home has pretty constant interference. Keep in mind I live in an apartment complex with likely several dozen 5.8GHz routers and some power lines nearby; I had fewer issues when I was at the national forest flying out over the lake. The antenna is directional but not hard to keep lined up (when mounted on the controller, might be different if your screen is on a tripod). Paired with FatShark Spironets on the transmitter and other side of the diversity receiver, video is crystal clear! I wish I had bought this sooner!

Flysight 5.8ghz Hi-Gain Panel Antenna

This is the one I got last week:

ImmersionRC SpiroNET 5.8GHz Antenna IRL2302

Of course I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I also have FatShark SpiroNETs on the Vtx and Rtx.

I got two of the 3 pieces printed this afternoon, and the third, the actual box part, I set it printing then had to leave, so I'll check it in the morning, hopefully it printed ok. Then I need to find longer screws...

Of course I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I also have FatShark SpiroNETs on the Vtx and Rtx.

I got two of the 3 pieces printed this afternoon, and the third, the actual box part, I set it printing then had to leave, so I'll check it in the morning, hopefully it printed ok. Then I need to find longer screws...

I'm interested in how much weight that mount is going to add to the total P2's weight.

Just weighed 2 pieces: the parts that mount under the legs. One piece has a long notched piece that the cage slides on to, and the other piece is a spacer for the other side. Both of those weigh 19g. They were printed with PLA plastic, if that matters... I won't see the cage piece till tomorrow.

Just weighed 2 pieces: the parts that mount under the legs. One piece has a long notched piece that the cage slides on to, and the other piece is a spacer for the other side. Both of those weigh 19g. They were printed with PLA plastic, if that matters... I won't see the cage piece till tomorrow.

So the total weight of both leg mounts are 19g. Then the cage is probably going to be 10 to 12 grams plus you also have consider the screws.

I install a variable speed yaw switch for slow pans earlier this evening can't wait to try it out later this morning

Ouch! $68?! The one I linked is 11dBi and $10. Plus you can position it.

Yes. Cost $49 fot kit and soldering required.
IMG_1126.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing