Image/Camera Direction

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in a process of geo-referrencing images captured from Phantom 3.
For best results I planned to access the direction of the image when it is captured.
But my program return following error.
Undefined index: GPSImgDirection

But I could access GPSLatitude and GPSLongitude with my images. So I
need to know is Phantom 3 image metadata consists of GPSImgDirection.
If there is how to access it.

Thanks

Looking at the Exif data for a Phantom photo, you can see that under GPS Data it shows Latitude and Longitude but Image Direction and all other fields are blank.

You could look at the flight log, at the moment each photo was taken, and get the direction from there.

Thanks for quickly replying.

@Meta4 - Yes. I accessed the EXIF metadata. That's the problem. Couldn't find the
metadata field for GPSImgDirection.

@Streve - I read the flight log from mobile phone pilot app converting to readable '.csv' format.
But couldn't find any log file on Phantom 3 SD card. Still searching a way to easily read
GPSImgDirection for a selected image.

Cheers.:)

@Meta4 - Yes. I accessed the EXIF metadata. That's the problem. Couldn't find the metadata field for GPSImgDirection.
The field is there - but it's blank because the P3 doesn't record thast data.
i-7QCdFMN-XL.jpg

Thanks for quickly replying.

@Meta4 - Yes. I accessed the EXIF metadata. That's the problem. Couldn't find the
metadata field for GPSImgDirection.

@Streve - I read the flight log from mobile phone pilot app converting to readable '.csv' format.
But couldn't find any log file on Phantom 3 SD card. Still searching a way to easily read
GPSImgDirection for a selected image.

Cheers.:)
The log from the table has the direction the P3 is facing. But i don't know what its labeled.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I could find a column labeled "OSD.headingCompass" on flight log from mobile. Comparing the image taken time with "CUSTOM.updateTime" column I could get rough idea about the camera bearing. With that my problem is partially solved.

Thanks all for replying.:)

Reactions: III% Streve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing