I'm in love!

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I've had my P3S for about 2 weeks now and I've done around 2.5 hours flying time. From the day I took it up for the first time I loved it. But today was the first time I used Litchi to set it off to a test mission which was only a few minutes long around my house. It handled it like a champ. I just thought I'd tell everyone I love my standard. I realise it's not 4k video, hasn't go the range of the advanced etc, but it's pretty hard to complain at 2.7K with what looks to me crystal clear video and pics.

When I was deciding which model to get (standard or pro), I wanted the pro (but didn't want to spend the extra $$$) mainly for the collision avoidence, being scared I would crash my standard. I now think, because there is no collision avoidence on the standard, you tend to be more careful, flying higher etc, rather than having the mindset that if you come across a tree, collision avoidence will take care of it.

Anyway, not saying the pro is not good, I'm sure it's more awesome than the standard. But for now, I'm a very happy P3S owner.

Happy flying everyone and safe and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Reactions: Neon Euc
Merry Christmas to you as well, I also own p3s and love it. Had for about 6 months and never had any issues. I did modify the remote to accommodate a 9.6 tablet.
20161213_140514.jpg

Just took mine out 30 min ago for its first flight, and had such a nice adrenaline rush. I only put it in the air for about 5 min to test as its 35 degrees outside right now. Everything worked out great and am very happy with how it performed. This seems like a great starter quad and will probably stick with DJI with future purchases. The addiction is real!

Reactions: Solly747400
Yeah its chilly in my neck of the woods also. I love flying mine out over a local lake. Had it out 2400 ft. Lovin it!!

Yes I drilled a hole also. Did you also order the nut that you have to buy separate? Or are you going to thread it into the plastic?
I was not aware that you need to buy a seperate nut, oops. I will find something that will work I guess. Worse comes to worse, hot glue on the inside or something hehe

Yeah I seen people just thread the bolt into the drilled hole, seems to work. The nut will make it a heck of a lot sturdier. You can Google it. Probably can find the same thing at your local hardware store.

Reactions: Solly747400
Solly747400, you can find installation instructions and links to buy the threaded nut insert here.

Solly747400, you can find installation instructions and links to buy the threaded nut insert here.
I ordered mine from amazon, and the return address was from an auto parts store. It came with 2. I never did go to napa or autozone to see if they were any cheaper. Just thought I would put that out there.

Thanks guys,
Is there anywhere I can get these in Australia? If I knew the specs of inside and outside thread I'm sure I'd find them closer to home

Thanks guys,
Is there anywhere I can get these in Australia? If I knew the specs of inside and outside thread I'm sure I'd find them closer to home
I would just take your mount with you, have them fit it for you. Not sure of the right specs, I'm sure it's on this forum somewhere.

I would just take your mount with you, have them fit it for you. Not sure of the right specs, I'm sure it's on this forum somewhere.
I've decided I won't be buying the nut insert from overseas. When I get the mount I will find a way to mount it properly. Even if I use just a 1/4"nut to tighten the mount from the back. There's always more than one way to skin a cat as they say. Thanks for the info though, much appreciated

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94