If you accidentally engage failsafe with almost dead bat?

Reaction score
Hello all,

Newbie question (as I want to learn before I see some things for myself out in the field):

What happens if, when the battery is almost completely drained; you accidentally engage failsafe?

-Will it still climb to 20 meters prior to landing; eventually dyeing on the run?
-Or will it try to climb, while also trying to land?
-Or what?

Thanks!

Re: If you accidentally engage failsafe with almost dead bat

Quite simply dont fly at all with an almost dead battery, your only risking your expensive toy, learn its limits and stay well inside these.

Once level 2 battery voltage is reached it will go to auto land, always be aware of your flight time and try to check the LED every so often to ensure you have good battery and bring it in to land or close to you as soon as the first battery level is reached. Don't fly away from you if you have used more then 2/3 of your total time and always maintain LOS or fly FPV with voltage OSD. Don't rely on RTH as a way to bring it home regularly just have it as a last resort which you hopefully never need to use.

Yep, I am kind of thinking the same as actually if I do home lock and press "back" it will come back to me as in failsafe, so one does not need to engage failsafe when we have HL. But there is only one flaw to this-if its too high up, in failsafe it will come back, stop above me then descend. If I rather keep "back" pressed and its too high to see, it will come back but will fly past home and continue behind me right?

IceFireSoul said:
Yep, I am kind of thinking the same as actually if I do home lock and press "back" it will come back to me as in failsafe, so one does not need to engage failsafe when we have HL. But there is only one flaw to this-if its too high up, in failsafe it will come back, stop above me then descend. If I rather keep "back" pressed and its too high to see, it will come back but will fly past home and continue behind me right?

RE: If I rather keep "back" pressed and its too high to see, it will come back but will fly past home and continue behind me right?

I don't understand what you are trying to say above??

Just remember that if the battery FS level 2 is reached, then no more RTH, it will just land right then and there.
So you can play around with the FS voltage setting but you should have 20% left in the pack after the landing for the Lipo to live long. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl