Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

IDIOTIC FPV MISTAKE!

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by PhantomFanatic, Feb 7, 2015.

1. PhantomFanatic

Give me credit for sharing this. Or, perhaps it makes me more of a dummy! Your decision.

This is meant as a warning to those planning to get FPV from the stickies.

I went to Hobby King and I decided to order two 600mW video transmitters. They were about $38 each. I did hang around for the promised lower price. I gave up and bought at that price. Later, I got the discount on a glider.

I really haven't dealt with a site that is international, in this way. I placed my order and the total seemed very high. I took a closer look today and I discovered that I ordered the transmitters from their international warehouse, for an extra $58 fee!!

Heck, I can pay $5+ for shipping, from China, on eBay! It was the first item I ordered and I should have gone back to check. Perhaps they weren't available in the USA warehouse. Me very CA glue, that I wanted was only available from the international warehouse.

I consider this to be a total RIPOFF! I buy from oversea dealers almost daily and I never get such high charges as Hobby King charges.

Mods: I suggest that you include this warning, regarding Hobby King's high international charges, in the stickie section.

2. Monte55

I'm sure good deals can be had from overseas stores but I won't order from them. First, I will not wait the ridiculous long times to get some products. Second...I only order from Usa because they need a piece of the pie....Third....if I have an issue with product, I'll not deal with someone on the other side of the planet that really doesn't care. IE.. I saw an item once that was a very good deal from China. Much cheaper than other places but their insurance cost was out of site..plus the wait time.
    If I can't get it in my country, I don't need it.

3. Zinnware

Thanks for the heads-up. Sometimes the excitement of getting up in the air or getting up with a new feature fast causes us to bypass the details of what we are buying or the conditions that go along with the purchase.

4. PhantomFanatic

It isn't technically an overseas store. They have their USA branch. I was unaware that they had an international branch. I'm with you on buying from USA stores. I hope someone will put a warning on that stickie.

Regarding my mentioning buying from overseas all the time, I was referring to products for my business. There are too many popular products, sold only overseas. I would go broke selling only USA products. The only overseas personal purchases had been electronic parts, not available in the good, ole, USA.

5. QYV

QYV

I honestly can't figure out exactly what the OP did, I've made 3 separate FPV Transmitter orders from HobbyKing and never paid more than like $5 for shipping, so what he did to get a $60 shipping charge is beyond me.

I did however make a quick note in the sticky that says "watch your shipping charges" ... don't know what else to say