I was just checked by a small aircraft!

I know just enough about fixed-wing aircraft to be dangerous but I'm having a lot of trouble believing that a jet with flaps up and spoilers retracted is going slow enough for a Phantom to keep up well enough (not to mention be stable near the vortices) to get a clear pic of it. In fact, even with flaps/spoilers I think that would be impossible. But hey, y'all just go right ahead and believe what ya' wanna believe...
More dangerous than you realize. A “heavy” jet with flaps, slats extended is still traveling over 100 knots faster than a phantom

Ok...I fly my p3s all the time. I take photos of sunsets all the time.
This eve...I went up...and was hovering at about 210ft. All of a sudden...an airplane(single engine) flew by my area. He was quite a ways away...and going away. But then....this pilot decided to turn around....drop WAY down in altitude and he started doing circles and buzzing right over my drone! All I could think was...WHY DO THIS?? Besides the obvious of seeing if I was flying to high. There was no reason to fly around me more than 5...6 times.
I did not know if this guy was going to do something stupid or not...so I just landed and watched him fly over another 2 times. I actually had video going the entire time.
And drones have a bad name WHY? What about stupid pilots? I bet he dropped below 500 ft. easy...and for no reason. I'm hoping I get a knock on my door. They can watch my video and see my telemetry. Sheeeesh.
I'm in a zone where there are small aircraft. But it's not a no fly zone.

Post the video and we can get the “N” number easily, then we can continue this story with the proper authorities. Until then cute story maybe you should be writing short stories.

Post the video and we can get the “N” number easily, then we can continue this story with the proper authorities. Until then cute story maybe you should be writing short stories.
That’s a bit rough- it’s hard to judge clearances between AC from the ground. We could give the OP the benefit of the doubt here, it’s probably lack of judgement more than intent to mislead.

More dangerous than you realize. A “heavy” jet with flaps, slats extended is still traveling over 100 knots faster than a phantom
Would you care to explain why you think my knowledge is more dangerous than I realize?

You agreed with what I wrote!

Ok gang.... let's be a bit more helpful and slightly less personal on your comments.

If you don't have something to say that "contributes" to this thread then no need to chime in with smart comments.

Reactions: gt40pilot
Ok gang.... let's be a bit more helpful and slightly less personal on your comments.

If you don't have something to say that "contributes" to this thread then no need to chime in with smart comments.

I think you misread the comment

That’s a bit rough- it’s hard to judge clearances between AC from the ground. We could give the OP the benefit of the doubt here, it’s probably lack of judgement more than intent to mislead.

I will retract my statement and apologize when I see the video until then “bull”.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94