Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

I made the switch

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by skipper1, Sep 9, 2013.

1. skipper1

I changed the settings on my GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition. I went from wide angle to medium and from 24fps to 30. I can't tell any difference in fps but I sure can see that the fish-eye is gone. You be the judge.

https://vimeo.com/74101369

2. Kashalp

Nice vid, looks good. I may try a narrow'er view also. do you use a gimbal and if so which one?

3. Iron Creek

I've been shooting medium and 1080/30 and enjoy the results. I've been experimenting shooting 1-frame every 5 and 10 seconds and find I like having more images to choose from much better with the 1 every 5 method.

4. skipper1

I have to tell you guys, I'm not experienced with cameras at all. I've just been reading and asking questions, mostly at work because we have a couple of guys that are into videos. I do like the results of medium and I'm thinking this weekend I'll bump the fps to 60.
    Gimbal, yes, Zenmuse. They really make a huge difference. I originally got an Arris CM2000 V4. It's still in the box waiting to be sold.

5. LJ35

1080/60fps in protune mode here. Easy to slomo and color grade.

6. skipper1

Thanks to all of you that have watched my video and left comments. It really helps me make better quality videos.