I just jumped on the $569.00 P3P deal from Newegg.

Refurbished items are really a good deal. Mainly because they vigorously checked by humans and not just machine manufactured and boxed. I have purchased TVs, navigation units and cell phones. Never had a problem.

I am assuming you are Matt F. form the Facebook Phantom 3 mods group? I too saw that deal and bought it up. I opted to just buy before getting the OK from my wifely administration. She was slightly pissed, and said I shouldn't criticize the craps she buys from now on. I took a look at the large basket of various yarn and string, nodded my head, and said "yes dear."

Yes, sir.... that's me.

Yeah. My wife is into crafts. Holy cow. I bet her craft making junk cost 3x what my RC stuff costed. She'll think NOTHING of going to Micheal's or JoAnne's and blowing $200 on stuff to make Christmas cards and then handing them MY credit card. LOL. I can't complain much though. We've been married 18 years and she's a good Wifey.

Refurbished items are really a good deal. Mainly because they vigorously checked by humans and not just machine manufactured and boxed. I have purchased TVs, navigation units and cell phones. Never had a problem.

Yeah. Actually the way they describe it.... the refurb sounds like it gets checked out better. I bought a brand new, sealed in the box DJI battery a few weeks ago from Target. Got it home, charged it up, put it in. DJI Go said it was defective. GRRRRR.

Yes, sir.... that's me.

Yeah. My wife is into crafts. Holy cow. I bet her craft making junk cost 3x what my RC stuff costed. She'll think NOTHING of going to Micheal's or JoAnne's and blowing $200 on stuff to make Christmas cards and then handing them MY credit card. LOL. I can't complain much though. We've been married 18 years and she's a good Wifey.
Yeap, same deal here! Michaels and Joanns....always buying all kinds of yarn, yarn accessories, needles, etc.

You must be more in the middle of the US than I (I am in MD). I ordered Saturday and ETA is Friday.

Yeap, same deal here! Michaels and Joanns....always buying all kinds of yarn, yarn accessories, needles, etc.

You must be more in the middle of the US than I (I am in MD). I ordered Saturday and ETA is Friday.

I'm in Michigan. I paid the extra 11 bucks to get it a few days sooner. I'm worse than a kid when it comes to waiting for a new toy.

I bought one to supplement my standard. No tax either. Too good of a deal to pass up.

Thanks!!! Just found out too that it has dynamic home point too. This is going to be great because I own a boat. The standard does not have this and I was worried about what would happen if the boat drifted on it's anchor. I could just see it trying to land.... and kerplunk!!!

Already ordered a few things for it too. I'm not a huge fan of the gold stripes, so I ordered carbon fiber black stripes/DJI sticker and then picked up a bottle of black Rit dye for the front props.
The Phantom 3 does not have a dynamic home point feature. You can only manually reset the home point from the top of the "MC Settings" in DJI GO. It is the same on all P3 models. Standard, Advanced and Pro.

Reactions: DanMan32 and Oso
The Phantom 3 does not have a dynamic home point feature. You can only manually reset the home point from the top of the "MC Settings" in DJI GO. It is the same on all P3 models. Standard, Advanced and Pro.

???

Capture.PNG

Page 37 of the manual.

SWEET!!! I just got an email. Out for delivery! A day early. Too bad it's only 15 degrees out though. Oh well. I can open the box and stare at it. LOL.

???

View attachment 78484

Page 37 of the manual.
That particular feature allows you to manually change the static home point to a new static home point. It doesn't "dynamically" change on its own. Maybe that's exactly what you were thinking already, but I just wanted it to be clear for any other readers.

Note that if you want to change the home point to the RC's current location, your mobile device needs to have its own GPS capability. Matt, we know you use an Android device so you do have GPS. I just wanted to add that note for any wifi only iPad users who do not have native GPS capability in their devices.

Cheers.

???

View attachment 78484

Page 37 of the manual.
Yes, but it's not dynamic. It will not reset or update its home point as you move. Like the P2 used to do. As you move, say on a boat, you have to manually update the home point by pressing that home point update every time you move or every few seconds to keep up with your moving vehicle. Also, your device, tablet or phone, must have a built-in GPS. Most apple tablets do not. Most Android devices do.

Nice. It just arrived. I've been looking this thing over with a fine tooth comb for the past 20 minutes and I can't see any signs at all of it being used. The box doesn't even say refurb. Maybe I got a brand new one?

First mod already done. LOL

That stock tablet mount is annoying, so I put my Inspire 1 mount on it.

Next up, RIT dye front props black.

And... CF Gimbal Guard, extended landing gear. (All the parts from my Standard).

Yea, I would be interested to know how we could tell if we got an actual refurb or a new unit.

Mine def wont be here until Friday. Not that it matters much, as it is cold as piss here in MD and the wind is currently blowing at like 3000 mph.

Yea, I would be interested to know how we could tell if we got an actual refurb or a new unit.

Mine def wont be here until Friday. Not that it matters much, as it is cold as piss here in MD and the wind is currently blowing at like 3000 mph.

Yeah, I heard my niece lives there and has been squawking about it on Facebook. LOL

About to fire this thing up. I'll check the s/n.

That home button isn't on the main screen anymore. Hasn't been for several months.
Have to go to one of the menu options. AC options I think.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT