Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Archer911

Just thought I'd practice late afternoon with the P4. All was working 2 days ago so didn't expect a brick drone.

Powered things up as usual, "Safe to Fly" lit green but no audible message about home point and a red indicator on the •))) display along with no satellites. Clicking overall status I get "Gimbal Cannot Receive Main Controller Data"...contact DJI if it doesn't clear after restarting....

I have to say that in DECADES of buying bleeding edge technology I have never seen a device as fickle and customer service as bad as DJI's.

I am calling the Apple store in hopes I can get a refund.

Anyone want to buy an extra battery and rotten HDMI adapter?

2. Archer911

Nope, no refund. Past the 14 days.

3. flpholt

time to ship to dji

4. snowghost

On its own or was it after a firmware update?

5. Archer911

On it's own. The update was done about 2 weeks ago. BUT a few days ago there was an unsolicited change in the screen menus—others have commented on this.
    Fussed with the P4 and somehow got it to fly yesterday. Had a serious forward drift in sport mode. In P mode forward movement was sluggish to accelerate. This morning when trying to take off it did a bouncing motion. Yep, bouncing like a basketball.
    Decided to re-calibrate the IMU and now it's behaving better. The joystick calibration is non responsive-wonder if anyone has had an issue.
    More trouble than it's worth for me, but I am stuck with it.