I did something really silly

Reaction score
So, was testing out the FPV system I got with my F550 the other day, all went well everything looked great then once I got home I attempted to peel off the protective plastic screen covering the monitor and uh-oh. It was something like 35 degrees and the plastic cover has now melted onto the screen.

I tried to peel/scrape it off without causing damage to the screen but all I did was leave a big smudge in the corner. Anything I can do to get it off? Or I just leave it as a permanent, melted protective cover that can never come off lol?

Go to your local body shop and ask if they could give you a drop of panel wipe (degreaser) it will be mild enough to remove the glue and not damage anything. Just work fast with it as a precaution. I.e wipe off with a clean rag straight away

regards

lee

Lee C said:
Go to your local body shop and ask if they could give you a drop of panel wipe (degreaser) it will be mild enough to remove the glue and not damage anything. Just work fast with it as a precaution. I.e wipe off with a clean rag straight away

regards

lee

Sweet, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

So what was the outcome on your screen Sammy?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

FangsCPO said:
So what was the outcome on your screen Sammy?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Late response but I decided just to leave it for now as I'll probably have to send it back in for either a repair or replacement. It's been acting up, the signal breaks up a fair bit past 300ft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl