I bricked my p3s with ftp range mod - let's fix it together

Jackhadrill, tell the results after that please :)
I think the middle resistor next to the pads connects to the one in question. Would be great if someone could verify - I don't have anywhere to do a continuity test because the pad has been ripped off, so it's guess work :)

I think the middle resistor next to the pads connects to the one in question. Would be great if someone could verify - I don't have anywhere to do a continuity test because the pad has been ripped off, so it's guess work :)
I am not back until the weekend, I could verify then.

image.png
anything wrong?
speed 115200

download putty when you have windows, then go to device manager at windows when you connected the usb from uart to the pc and find out the com port number. open putty and select serial, change the com1 to the port number you saw at device manager. then delete 9600 and write 152000 then you start it. start controller then it will show you the u-boot 1.1.4 text. press as fast as possible the key ESC to stop the autoboot otherwise it will stuck at could not find rcS file. Then execute the command:
setenv bootargs board=DJI-WM305 console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/mtdblock5 init=/sbin/init mtdparts=ath-nor0:256k@0k(u-boot),64k@256k(u-boot-env),896k@320k(kernel1),3008k@1216k(rootfs1),896k@4224k(kernel2),3008k@5120k(rootfs2),64k@8128k(art),3904k@320k(firmware1),3904k@4224k(firmware2),8192k@0k(all)

bootm 0x9f420000

mkdir /tmp/flash

mount -t jffs2 mtd3 /tmp/flash

then you can go and fix the rcS file via ftp. Use filezilla and select the ascii mode. Use notepad++ to edit the file rcS.
After editing, right click on rcS file at ftp and select permissions or so. In the lower middle field it should say chmod and there is number or so I do not remember. Change the number to 775 and save it. This will fix the error: could not find rcS file.
hi there, i need your help. i get an error
[ 0.61000] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can only suggest using a multi meter for continuity to find where u2 goto and connect a wire to other location
Jackhadrill, tell the results after that please :)

Thank you sparkymonkey! After a lot of playing around, I managed to fix it!

I ended up soldering my GND cable to one of the other GND pads, they're all common - this gives you a hell of a lot more space to play with.
I also managed to solder a cable on to the TX pad (but not the RX pad) with a little bit of patience and some solder flux.
Finally, those resistors do in fact map to the TX and RX pads respectively, so if you've managed to rip one off, try soldering the GND to another GND pad, and either the TX or RX on to their respective pads, and then all you have left is to hold one jumper lead against the corresponding resistor.

Hope this helps anyone who got into the same stupid position that I did!

I've added a diagram to explain myself a little more clearly :)
TX and RX Resistors

Guide: How to fix bricked P3S (FTP range mod)

Have a look at this thread I've just created ^^
I take no credit in finding the fix, only collating it.

I've included the photo in there. I didn't solder to the resistor, I held a jumper cable against it and tried not to move.

I wanna purchase an arduino uno. But I found arduino uno R3 and arduino uno.

Are they the same?

I wanna purchase an arduino uno. But I found arduino uno R3 and arduino uno.

Are they the same?

The R3 is the newer of the two, however both will work. Please also ensure that it's not a fake. Whilst the fake models will work, you'll need to find appropriate drivers/kexts/kernel extensions to get it to work.

tried different laptops, different USB TTL module CH340G and FT232RL. but same result.

Looks like you've got a damaged storage device. It's not the laptops or the USB TTL adapters, it's definitely the drone. I'll look into this more with some of my course mates (I study a degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering) and get back to you as soon as possible!

Looks like you've got a damaged storage device. It's not the laptops or the USB TTL adapters, it's definitely the drone. I'll look into this more with some of my course mates (I study a degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering) and get back to you as soon as possible!
This occurs when connected to a remote, not a drone. so there is no solution?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi today I've recovered my drone and a the controller (p34k) :)
Thank u guys for your help:)
Pics with a soldering ports for uart on a wifi module wich is where vps sits on P34k (under a metal plate).

Attachments

• 20160625_090809_001.jpg
    20160625_090809_001.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 702
hey guys , please share correct rcs file for drone . I did not keep a backup copy . In the near future , I also undertake to regain my drone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12