Hudl 2 with dji go

Reaction score
Ive just updated to dji go app and it worked well for 5 mins (just adjusting settings before flight). It crashed before i had a chance to take off the kept crashing every time i tried to open app. Anyone else using a hudl 2 with problems?

uninstall the pilot app before installing the go app.

Uninstall Go , then completely delete the DJI directory on your device, then install Go.

Have been using the original Hudl for a couple of days - had my P3P for less than a week. Worked ok but started slowing down and lagging so bought a Hudl 2 just for flight.

New app worked for a while, I played with it at home and it seemed ok. Video was excellent and I was happy.

Took it out to fly , started recording, flew around and landed. Everything was ok until I pressed the Stop Recording video button. The app crashed and would not run again.
I powered off and restarted everything but still would not work.

Took it home, reset the Hudl2 to factory and started again.
Tested the app by pressing record - started ok - press record again and the app crashed.
I can now not run the app at all. It says that dji go has stopped working with no error message.

Have the new Go app on original Hudl and that is working ok so not really sure what's going on.
I know it's not on the compatible list but I thought it would work fine.

I think it's something that could be fixed. The Pro still flies and records video though, so it's not all doom and gloom, but it's been a stressful few days for a complete novice like me.

Ive just updated to dji go app and it worked well for 5 mins (just adjusting settings before flight). It crashed before i had a chance to take off the kept crashing every time i tried to open app. Anyone else using a hudl 2 with problems?

I have been using a hudl2 with my Inspire 1 for a couple of months. I had a problem with the video crashing when I minimised the screen but that was resolved with the last Pilot App update. Apart from that it's worked fine though it does suffer from the Android video lag.

After uninstalling the Pilot App today I installed the 'Go' update but I get the 'DJi Go has stopped' message a few seconds after opening up the app. Despite uninstalling and reinstalling I haven't had it working at all yet.

I'm hoping that somebody can come up with a fix and will report the issue to Dji though I won't hold my breath for any useful advice. I'll use my ipad in the meantime and hope that if not before this problem is resolved with the next Android update.

Have been using the original Hudl for a couple of days - had my P3P for less than a week. Worked ok but started slowing down and lagging so bought a Hudl 2 just for flight.

New app worked for a while, I played with it at home and it seemed ok. Video was excellent and I was happy.

Took it out to fly , started recording, flew around and landed. Everything was ok until I pressed the Stop Recording video button. The app crashed and would not run again.

Tested the app by pressing record - started ok - press record again and the app crashed.
I can now not run the app at all. It says that dji go has stopped working with no error message.

Have the new Go app on original Hudl and that is working ok so not really sure what's going on.

I think it's something that could be fixed. The Pro still flies and records video though, so it's not all doom and gloom, but it's been a stressful few days for a complete novice like me.

I did a factory reset on my Hudl 2 and as for you the GO app started to work fine. Checked everything and all good but as with you, as soon as I hit the video record button I got the 'DJI GO has stopped' error message. Now I'm back to where I was and can't get the app to start up without this message appearing.

It seems that recording video is causing the problem but strange that it doesn't go away without a factory reset. DJi not offering any sensible advice at the moment. Back to the ipad for now.

Right I think I've found where the problem lies.
Uncheck the 'Cache locally when recording' option under OTHER settings and the video seems to work okay.
I've reported this to DJI to have a look at for the next update.

Reactions: Adrian Shaw
[COMMENT]Uncheck the 'Cache locally when recording' option under OTHER settings and the video seems to work okay.[/COMMENT]

I can confirm that doing this does seem to be a good work-around although it will still crash if you try to download video to the tablet after the P3 has landed. (this won't be a problem though as you can still access the video from the sd card)
Still requires a factory reset if this happens.

Downloading pictures (jpg tested only) seems to work normally.

Will try to fly again tomorrow

Seems to be okay but I have now changed to an ipad mini 2 as it has a few extra functions in the software. It works really well and I am pleased but I would also have been happy with the Hudl if I hadn't come across the problems mentioned above. I'm happy to fly with either and if you are looking for a cheap tablet to fly with, the Hudl 2 should definitely be on your list to check out.

Seems to be okay but I have now changed to an ipad mini 2 as it has a few extra functions in the software. It works really well and I am pleased but I would also have been happy with the Hudl if I hadn't come across the problems mentioned above. I'm happy to fly with either and if you are looking for a cheap tablet to fly with, the Hudl 2 should definitely be on your list to check out.
I've done the same and invested in an ipad mini on the basis that with the ios platform there is only one operating system for DJI to support. It seems that the Android version of GO is always playing catch-up in terms of features and performance but I'll keep the Hudl as a back-up and maybe the next update (Hudl and/or GO) will sort out the bug.

I agree, I'm using the Hudl as a backup as I forget to charge the ipad sometimes. I like the extra width of the screen too but as you say, ios seems to be the preferred system for DJI to use.

Just to clarify... are you stopping you video recording with the app, or with the button on the remote?

Now this post is a month old I am hoping someone has done normal flying with this workaround on an Android device ? I went through the whole thing yesterday resetting the Hudl, turn off caching, USB debugging on etc etc. Everything seems to be ok but wary about a long flight. So would appreciate if anyone has been working with this solution for a few flights ???

Cheers

Just tried the new software update (the one that introduces the POI etc and can confirm that the video download bug is still there on Hudl 2 :-(

I've now had ten flights with the workaround with absolutely no issues. I also turned off the ultrasonics which kept giving me issues after the upgrade.

There was an update for the Hudl today. After installing it I was able to open the Dji Go app and it ran for the first time since being unable to open. I haven't flown with it yet though but I will try it tomorrow if possible and let you know what happens

Reactions: Brianj4242
There was an update for the Hudl today. After installing it I was able to open the Dji Go app and it ran for the first time since being unable to open. I haven't flown with it yet though but I will try it tomorrow if possible and let you know what happens
I sit with baited breath Adrian, good luck. Would be nice to think its fixed....

Wow... I really didn't expect this!

The download bug is fixed.
Follow me works.
It appears to be stable.
All is well in the Hudl world again.

I'm really impressed so far. I may start using this over my non-cellular iPad again.

Happy days

Reactions: Brianj4242

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl