Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How's your Wifi Module since heat sink mod?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by RichWest, Jun 20, 2015.

1. RichWest

Was curious, how others that performed the heat sink (thermal compound) mod to the wifi module, if everything is holding up to expectations.

Me, I went with a thermal pad (FujiPoly) and so far in +90F days I've had no loss of video signal at full resolution. Further I drilled the module's cover to replicate the V3 holes. I also installed an actual heat sink to the wifi module to further rid the module of its heat. Finally I opened up the factory body vents further by removing every other vertical support in the openings.

I know the majority went with Artic Silver 5. And then some replaced the module with new and applied AS5 prior to using. Again just curious...

2. MapMaker53

Haven't had any wifi issues since heat-sinking my P2V+_v2 solid wifi module with the Arctic Silver -- but I hadn't had any before, either. I just added the Arctic Silver as a precautionary measure. And now with some of the flying apps providing the capability of boosting wifi signal, I'm glad I did to help prevent overheating. So far so good. Removing every other vent strut to help increase air flow is an interesting mod and I'll consider doing that.