How Tough is ATTI Mode?

I flew RC heli's for a long while and considered myself pretty darn good at it! I've yet to fly in ATTI mode with my new P4, curious how radically different it is on a calm day. How much does it naturally move around?

I also want to selfishly fly indoors for fun.
For flying indoor, other than LOS, the optical flow (for P3P) should turn on. The OF should help the quad holding position. Be should not fly too close to ceiling or wall, otherwise, the ceilingor the wall may such the quad closer and cause a crash.

I flew a 5c in my back yard for a year, winds, trees, and the house created a lot of interesting experiences. After realizing that I had very poor GPS in the yard, flew the P3S on Atti for a battery full and realized how good the P3S is to fly. Took it to a field for a first real flight and realized how useful the 5C training was. If somehing goes wrong and you lose GPS you need to be able to fly in ATTi and the only way to do it is to fly (on a large field trying all the different orientations in flight) it and try to understand what the bird looks like (stick reversal can get to you).

I flew RC heli's for a long while and considered myself pretty darn good at it! I've yet to fly in ATTI mode with my new P4, curious how radically different it is on a calm day. How much does it naturally move around?

I also want to selfishly fly indoors for fun.
Lol, have you ever flown a drone without gps? Its not that hard, you just have to do corrective movements on the sticks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12