Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Advanced How to record sound, and how to upload HD vid

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by kevv, May 19, 2015.

1. kevv

Hi,
    how can the sound recorder be turned on and off?

How can 1080p video be uploaded to YouTube without loss of quality?

2. bbfpv

Sound recorder where?

3. kevv

On the bird. I remember seeing YouTube video where you could hear the propellers......

4. bbfpv

there is no sound bird side.

5. tcope

As far as uploaded and maintaining 1080, you just upload the video. YouTube will keep video at anything up to 4k.

6. kevv

Thank you bbfpv. I must have been hearing the sound from the external camera then. Thank you for the clarification.

Hmm.....I uploaded one of my first visit and it just doesn't look that sharp.....certainly not as sharp as when I open the file on my P .

7. bbfpv

Youtube still compresses it. Also, not sure how long ago you uploaded, but the initial upload you view is a craptastic version of what you uploaded. Usually takes the site a bit of time before the better looking one is available. And I assume you already know that you can change stream quality when viewing as well.

8. kevv

Ok, thanks. It's still significantly lower quality than when i watch the vid file on my PC.
    :-(

9. bbfpv

yeah unfortunately it'll never look as good as the original. I believe Vimeo doesn't compress if you have a pro account with them. otherwise you'll never see 1:1 on video sharing sites. ask around on the forum, there are others who might have some tips in post that will make it look better online.

10. tcope

My guess is that YouTube is lowering the viewing quality based on your Internet connection. Click on the gear in lower right and increase the resolution.

11. DonS2425

Speaking of video quality. Is there a way to record video in mpeg 4 rather than MOV on the P3? Thanks

12. NYRangers99

yes, its in the settings, you can record in either…

Coldfire likes this.
  13. snowghost

Any opinion on what's better? I know they're both lossy.

14. BarryM

I'm using a Mobius facing to the rear and mounted on a piece of corflute zip tied to the landing gear with cut out to allow the VPS to function correctly. This gives good audio of the props as they vary their speed whilst changing direction or climbing/descending. The video is affected by jello part of the time, but is surprisingly good when hovering.

15. isopro

16. Natasha Miller

I believe a lot of the videos I've seen that have video recorded were using GoPros. I was a little confused when I played back my videos and there was no audio, but then I realized it probably doesn't record audio, and that is likely due to the loud propellers. I think all of the Phantom 3 videos I've seen have music over the video. Which leads me to wonder if they are eventually going to release a Phantom 3 for GoPro.

snowghost likes this.
  17. BarryM

Very unlikely....the reason DJI brought out their own 4K camera on the P3P was because GoPro are rumoured to be marketing their own quad/drone. If you want hear the props just do what I have done in post #14.

18. snowghost

99% of the music is terrible. Silence is golden.

19. aburkefl

I see Barry M replied as well. There was a recent interview in Fortune magazine with Frank Wang, the CEO of DJI. Apparently, when the P3 was first envisioned, DJI and GoPro were going to work together, producing a top-level quad with the GoPro on a gimbal. Frank decided to go his own way without GoPro - for reasons I didn't really comprehend. Maybe he simply thought he could deliver a better camera than the GoPro?

I have a Hero4 Silver. I'm going to try the CG02 camera w/gimbal on my Blade. If I'm happy with that combo, I'm done. If I'm *not* happy with that combo, since I already have a decent level GoPro, the 3DR becomes the obvious choice.