How to quickly kill props when landing?

Reaction score
As I recall, my P2 V+ 3.0 had a little detent at the bottom of the travel of the left stick that, immediately after landing, caused the props to enter a "low idle" mode in which they were still spinning but not fast enough to generate any lift. This made for very safe landings, because you could plop the drone onto the ground in high winds and immediately kill the lift. You could also safely issue the "hold sticks together" command to shutdown entirely without any risk, because the props were not spinning fast enough to do anything even if you bumbled the command.

My P4 does not seem to do this. When you land it, even if you hold the left stick down all the way, it continues to operate the props at high speed and tries to keep flying for about 3 seconds, then shuts down abruptly. This leaves it at significant risk of dynamic rollover in high winds or on uneven surfaces. There is also no safe opportunity to the use the "hold sticks together" immediate shutdown command, since if you screw up the timing at all, the props are still operating at flight speed and the drone will happily respond to your request to fly backwards and to the left while yawing to the right.

Does anyone know why this behavior was changed, and if I am missing some safe technique for reducing the prop speed quickly upon landing (rather than holding the stick down and waiting 3 seconds)?

As soon as mine lands it goes idle as soon as I let off the stick

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan