How to get P3 to land at last waypoint using Litchi.

SNR

Reaction score
Litchi warns P3 owners that the RTH function does not work while doing a waypoint mission, but despite setting it to land when the mission has ended it still returns home at last waypoint when it is out of range from the controller. This caused a crash into high terrain today.

I want it to land at end of mission in waypoint mode (while it is out of controller range) but I do not want to set the P3's fail safe to land.

What can I do, can anybody help?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Curious, you're correct, if end of mission is set to land, that's what should have happened regardless of whether or not you were connected. Did the log show anything? Double check that you didn't inadvertently add another waypoint (the touch screen can be very sensitive to casual touch). And make sure that the Go app wasn't on and interfering. And finally, did you have 'straight' paths set? If not, the bird never actually reaches the last waypoint and may have reverted to RTH.

Litchi warns P3 owners that the RTH function does not work while doing a waypoint mission,

They do??? First I heard of this. It is true (& by design) that when on a Litchi mission, RTH does not kick in when your connection is lost. Thank goodness for that. If it did this would severely limits waypoint functionality. If your missions are behaving differently (i.e. RTH after last waypoint) I'd suggest you post a link of the culprit mission here and let others look at it. Might have missed something.

RTH definitely kicks in at end of mission when controller signal is absent, despite being tasked to land. I have proven this 3 times since.

Regardless of whether straight turns or curved turns are set.
6a5f1c2038df86bbe1e6c16e5fe17ec3.jpg

Mission is simple enough, nothing looks out of place. So, nowxthexquestion is - will it land at the last waypoint if you still have a connection? BTW, which version are you running?

Thanks for your reply Richard. What log do you speak of?
I didn't inadvertently add another waypoint, the go app wasn't running, it RTH regardless of straight or curved turns.
I understand why it doesn't cross waypoints with curved turns set but I don't understand why it would not reach the final waypoint.
The only way to get it to land at end of the mission is for the controller signal to be present or for the failsafe to be set to land.
The former solution requires the controller to be present at the last waypoint, the latter solution is undesirable.

Yes it does land when mission ends if controller signal is present. Im running version 1.15.1

Just curious. Under normal circumstances (i.e. when not flying a mission and/or using the DJi-Go app) what "action" setting do you set via the DJI-Go app when you lose connection (i.e. RTH, Hover,etc)?? If you have the default setting of RTH try changing it to hover. Now when you run this same mission and lose connectivity at the last WP, does it still RTH? If not but hovers instead I suspect you may have found a bug (or might be by design) within Litchi. My reason being, the mission has ended and the drone operates under "normal" procedures which when connection is lost to carry out what ever your "action" settings. In otherwords, they override any other programmed action you provided. i.e. RTH/Hover/etc trumps Auto land when connection lost. Autoland is carried out when connection is there.

Reactions: BillW50
This brings something up to mind. I always assumed you could always do a one way mission and have it autoland at the last waypoint. Not something I actually wanted to do yet. But as I expand my missions further and further, I'm going to reach a point where there isn't any hope of my Phantom of making a round trip. So I am going to have to find a place to park it until I (or someone else) can pick it up.

So my question is, has anybody ever had it to autoland before on a one way mission?

I have configured it to land as finish action in the mission settings as I stated above. If the controller signal is present at the final waypoint it autolands as expected.
The problem I am experiencing is that the P3 RTH after last waypoint if controller signal is absent.

I will experiment by setting the P3 failsafe to hover and run a waypoint mission again see what happens when the controller signal is absent.

I also suspect this could be by design (fw or sdk restriction) to avoid using Litchi and Phantom for illegal purposes.
It's probably too late to worry about that. Just look at Phantom videos on youtube.

Not a Litchi user but I remember many threads that instruct Litchi users to not only close DJI Go, but to make sure that it is not even active in the background, and the recommendations were to use another app (it seems like it was called shut-app) to fully close Go.
Could it be that Go is what is causing your issue?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT