How to get good long distance footage?

Reaction score
I know the P4 has very limited range but when I got the litchi app I was hoping the "waypoints" flight option was my answer to get good quality long distance footage (by good quality I mean being able to pitch the gimbal down to look at a defined subject during the flight and not just staring at the horizon the entire duration of the flight). I came to find out with testing that Litchi's gimbal functions don't work once its out of the RC range.

I was hoping maybe the more expensive Autopilot app would be better but in the description of the app it says "Warning Autopilot uses a Custom Flight Controller, which means that Lost Connection Mission Continuation (LCMC) is not currently supported. If the aircraft loses connection during a Waypoint Mission, it will automatically initiate the Return-to-Homefailsafe assuming it is enabled in DJI GO. See the Unique Features section for more details on this decision."

Any other ideas on how to program more controls for long distance flights? (by long distance I mean passed the measly 2000 ft which is where mine starts to cut out at)

I think it is a safety measure that Litchi initiate safe when the bird loses connection during waypoint mission. The option for manual control of the drone should be always available if needed during the flight , and obviously you loose this option when you loose connection

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

image.jpeg
Sorry for noob question but what is windsurfers and how does it work

Wind surfers are a parabolic reflector that is added to the stock antenna to aid in pushing the signal from the RC out further.

I know the P4 has very limited range ...
Any other ideas on how to program more controls for long distance flights? (by long distance I mean passed the measly 2000 ft which is where mine starts to cut out at)
There are plenty of owners reporting distances far in excess of that.
The P4 doesn't have a very limited range.
The two factors that will affect range the most are the local environment where you fly and your antenna orientation.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl