How to Downgrade firmware of Phantom 4

Reaction score
Help!!!!
I upgraded my phamtom 4 , 1 of my battery is showing battery signal error... Please help to downgrade my phantom..
Tried through Assistance software, but no option to downgrade.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sounds like you haven't finished completing the firmware upgrade. If you have more than one battery when you upgraded the firmware, you need to upgrade the spare battery. Put the spare battery in the drone, turn everything on, go into the front screen of the dji go app and wait for the inconsistent firmware message to pop up. It might take a minute or two for the message to appear. Slide the message across the screen and it should update the battery. Don't go into the camera view whilst waiting for the message to appear.

Hi Tevek,
I tried but I am not getting any message to update the battery... Any other solution?

Are you using dji go4 and what mobile device are you using?
If you wish to downgrade your firmware, go into the front screen of the app and at the top right hand side of the page you need to push and hold the the three lines to view the available downgrade options. You need to be connected up for this to occur, and hopefully you will see the download options.
Not sure why the battery inconsistent firmware message is not showing up at the moment though.

Are you using dji go4 and what mobile device are you using?
If you wish to downgrade your firmware, go into the front screen of the app and at the top right hand side of the page you need to push and hold the the three lines to view the available downgrade options. You need to be connected up for this to occur, and hopefully you will see the download options.
Not sure why the battery inconsistent firmware message is not showing up at the moment though.
I am using Dji go app because , I installed by QR code on P4 box also there was bad reviews for dji go4 on app store....Should I go for dji go4?

I am using Dji go app because , I installed by QR code on P4 box also there was bad reviews for dji go4 on app store....Should I go for dji go4?
I would install dji go4 as in future the older app may not be upgraded to support your P4. I would ignore the reviews in the App Store as there are literally tens of thousands of people using the newer app with no problems, including me.

Reactions: Droneted
I would install dji go4 as in future the older app may not be upgraded to support your P4. I would ignore the reviews in the App Store as there are literally tens of thousands of people using the newer app with no problems, including me.
Hey Tevek,
Thanks for ur help.
I tried with Dji go4 , i also updated my battery but still it is giving me same error.. Battery signal error... what are the other options

Hey Tevek,
Thanks for ur help.
I tried with Dji go4 , i also updated my battery but still it is giving me same error.. Battery signal error... what are the other options
You may have a defective battery if it continues to display that error. Possibly putting it in the quad, turn everything on, open up the app, go into camera view, hit the three dots at the top right hand corner which should give you a list option areas to look at. Go into battery view and look at the individual cell information to see if there is anything obvious. If that all fails, might be time to send it back for an exchange. If you updated the battery firmware and you can't see anything obvious in the app battery info, it might be a dud.

You may have a defective battery if it continues to display that error. Possibly putting it in the quad, turn everything on, open up the app, go into camera view, hit the three dots at the top right hand corner which should give you a list option areas to look at. Go into battery view and look at the individual cell information to see if there is anything obvious. If that all fails, might be time to send it back for an exchange. If you updated the battery firmware and you can't see anything obvious in the app battery info, it might be a dud.
Hi Tevek,
I guess everything is fine as per the application, you can check the screenshot attached.... if you find anything let me know....
541f4b13dedd429183dbf83b2f1d1a03.jpg

Hi Tevek,
I guess everything is fine as per the application, you can check the screenshot attached.... if you find anything let me know....
541f4b13dedd429183dbf83b2f1d1a03.jpg
Well your cells are sitting at roughly 94% and have 0.2v variation and it looks fine. As for the battery signal error, don't know why it is popping up. If it was me, I would fly the quad at a low height close to me and keep an eye on it and run the battery down to the battery warning. If you are not happy, can you send it back to be exchanged and give you piece of mind?

Well your cells are sitting at roughly 94% and have 0.2v variation and it looks fine. As for the battery signal error, don't know why it is popping up. If it was me, I would fly the quad at a low height close to me and keep an eye on it and run the battery down to the battery warning. If you are not happy, can you send it back to be exchanged and give you piece of mind?
Hi tevek,
How can i fly, it is showing battery signal error.....and i can't send it back ....i am from india

even the seller is not supporting me , I think they are not technically strong
If you bought the quad brand new, they have to replace the unit. You must have some sort of warranty.
When you updated the firmware on your second battery, were you connected to the Internet with your AC and RC turned on? Did the message 'inconsistent firmware' or similar pop up in the front screen of the app for you to swipe and update your battery whilst in the powered up quad? I think you said you did but trying to make sure. If so, sounds like you can still fly with the other battery and you need to ask for a simple warranty replacement for the second battery as I said earlier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72