Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

how to calibrate phantom 2 vision RC *no usb*

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Help' started by tommy_nick, Oct 16, 2014.

1. tommy_nick

1st of all am new to the Phantom world i checked some threads here and there about things i need to do when i buy a used phantom 2 vision ... like calibration of compass done ... phantom software upgrade done then RC upgrade not done since my RC dosent have usb port and i couldn't calibrate it too ... so any idea how can i do it?

2. Wedeliver

Hi, not sure what you are asking.. a PVT581 which is the RC Controller for the Vision does have a usb port in the front of it. What model number is on your RC controller? I

3. tommy_nick

Yeah my RC model is PVT581 and it Dosent have any usb wt so ever. .. except on the wifi Range extender. .. from what i saw on the youtube and other threads it should be located on the lower middle part of the RC i was trying to upload a pic of my RC but it's not working

4. tommy_nick

Model number

Attached Files:

5. tommy_nick

The RC

Attached Files:

6. OI Photography

That's kinda fishy...no barcode sticker, no printed serial number, and no USB port. Where did you get this used Phantom?

7. Wedeliver

i think that is an early version of the RC Transmitter. there probably is a serial number tag below that plate. Since I have not been inside, I don't know but i would expect a usb connection.. otherwise if you can bind it to the bird. most things can be done with the assistant software. binding instructions are at the dji website. there are videos showing how to open the rc transmitter. be careful.

8. DKDarkness

The early models (I have one) have the micro USB connector inside the Tx. Just open it up and connect the USB cable.

9. tommy_nick

Thanxs everyone i manged to open up my TX and found the usb port there .... connect it and updated the software and calibrated my sticks ..... and i contacted www.dji.com as everyone mentioned its one of the early models of phantom 2 vision .... regarding the serial iv hidden on perpose for some reson

10. Rustynuts

I just came across this same thing. I bought a FC40 used for the grandkids to play with so they don't touch my Vision+ :lol: Going through everything, I downloaded the manual off the DJI site and it had a link to this on the Wiki. My transmitter has it inside and also has no serial number.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... Controller