How The Media Misrepresents Drone Stories

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
g1389051943758850935.jpg

Here is a perfect example. This angers me a lot, a NY tv station used a hobby UAV in a military story about targeting people for military drone strikes... :mad:

Newly released US drone policy explains how targets can be chosen

Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 10.12.44 PM✨.png

Reactions: skyeboysteve
Yep, many news reports are full of errors or purposeful key omissions that change the entire nature of the facts involved. Though sometimes, it's just another unintelligent or non-technical reporter and editor grabbing images from a google search. I've often seen news reports on TV that show pictures or video clips of a subject that doesn't look like anything they're discussing--like reporting on a twin engine aircraft (like a B55 Beach Baron) crash site, while they show a picture of a single engine Cessna 150 the entire time they're discussing the crash--which quite obviously only has one engine; and many other differences that are quite obvious to anyone with half a brain...

Reactions: Last Chance
Yep, many news reports are full of errors or purposeful key omissions that change the entire nature of the facts involved. Though sometimes, it's just another unintelligent or non-technical reporter and editor grabbing images from a google search. I've often seen news reports on TV that show pictures or video clips of a subject that doesn't look like anything they're discussing--like reporting on a twin engine aircraft (like a B55 Beach Baron) crash site, while they show a picture of a single engine Cessna 150 the entire time they're discussing the crash--which quite obviously only has one engine; and many other differences that are quite obvious to anyone with half a brain...

Yes, the 'media', at least in the USA has become more of a propaganda arm of ??? take your pick, but by far the 'left'! In addition, factual 'reporting' is non-existent. I read the British papers for more detailed coverage... Although they have their biases also. Pick your poisen! LOL Unfortunately, this doesn't bode well for recreational drones in the U.S..

However, what idiot flies their drone into a wildfire zone or airport traffic control zone?

Reactions: Great_Lakes
With media coverage over the past year and the "explosion" in drones I was expecting to see at least a half dozen or so planes brought down by now around the world. Have I missed something?

Not to make light of what could be serious thing, but on the whole media coverage has been way over the top. But look at the bright side. We've all been a part of helping to drive traffic to their websites during a time the media is the one crashing. They need all the help they can get.

-- zigs

Yep, many news reports are full of errors or purposeful key omissions that change the entire nature of the facts involved. Though sometimes, it's just another unintelligent or non-technical reporter and editor grabbing images from a google search.
Here's one from last year that goes the other way.
It was a story about a supposed sighting of a recreational drone seen near LA international airport and the ignorant journalists used this graphic:
i-mHG5zQt-L.jpg

Journalism is in self destruct spiral for almost a decade now all over the world. Negative selection as the result of cost cuts causing less revenue from sales causing more cuts... We are stuck with idiots and amateurs doing the news for many more years.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
It appears a requirement to be a journalist is stupidity.
Before you try to inform others you need to inform yourself but many journalists are simple ignoramouses who's idea of research is sticking a microphone in someone's face and asking a dumb question.

It's much the same here in Australia.
The true facts of reality have fallen by the wayside in favour of sensationalist paranoid fear mongering.I think my head might explode if I see one more brainless bimbo on a morning show call for a complete ban on drones for no reason other than her own outrageously abundant ignorance.

That CNN site LuvMyTJ linked is a beut,I got in there alright but could not leave,I had to close my browser to get out.

The media has never been about truth. Sure they try to "sell" themselves as "fair and unbiased" but thats total crap. As long as someone is holding the purse strings, as long as there are humans with biases involved you'll never hear "unbiased" reporting.

Then there is "sensationalism". If the news wasn't sensational no one would want to listen/watch it...

And lastly, unfortunately there are many people who don't think for themselves or maybe can't; sheep....

It's much the same here in Australia.
The true facts of reality have fallen by the wayside in favour of sensationalist paranoid fear mongering.I think my head might explode if I see one more brainless bimbo on a morning show call for a complete ban on drones for no reason other than her own outrageously abundant ignorance.

That CNN site LuvMyTJ linked is a beut,I got in there alright but could not leave,I had to close my browser to get out.

Thats strange... you may want to check your PC out. It is just a local station in NY, just checked the link again and it works perfectly and the page closes normally.

It could be a chrome issue too,I've had a lot of problems with it lately.Every day it picks two sites that it will not open,one that I visit every day,like here,and one new or rarely visited site.
If I switch over to firefox everything works fine.

It appears a requirement to be a journalist is stupidity.
Before you try to inform others you need to inform yourself but many journalists are simple ignoramouses who's idea of research is sticking a microphone in someone's face and asking a dumb question.

The news media doesn't report the news anymore, it creates it.

The media has never been about truth. Sure they try to "sell" themselves as "fair and unbiased" but thats total crap. As long as someone is holding the purse strings, as long as there are humans with biases involved you'll never hear "unbiased" reporting.

Then there is "sensationalism". If the news wasn't sensational no one would want to listen/watch it...

And lastly, unfortunately there are many people who don't think for themselves or maybe can't; sheep....

Like Millennials! If you tell a lie long enough, people will believe it, even the liar! It is all by design! People that think for themselves can't be lead around like sheep. Only when the populace is dumbed down enough can total control be implemented. That is the goal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl