How often do y'all fly?

Reaction score
I don't fly that much mostly because I'm too busy and nothing really to film and anything there is to film, TC won't let me. Buuut when I do, most of the time I just flyyyy around at the same location (my house), sightseeing things I've seen thousands of time already.

How often do y'all fly? Where and what do you film?

Try to fly once a week but that doesn’t happen mostly Blyth around my home
I’ll I’ve in the country

Once a week if it's not too hot outside. Limited locations but that's OK, I mostly practice setting up and testing missions or just messing with the various flight modes. Not much to photograph. Have a Palm Springs weekend planned for December. There must be someplace to fly out there.

I often just sit on my front porch and fly across the street. Wild Parakeets living in the trees next block over. Last week I spotted another Phantom doing the same thing!

Much as possible,Wellington windy city , I try not to fly above 15km winds,p4 works to hard but it does ride shotgun with me ,charged and ready to go,everyday if possible @UpLift Aerial,I know the feeling of seeing it again,only got 2 islands here,north and south but still miss stuff on most journeys

I used to fly every weekend. But, the East Bay Area of greater San Francisco has banned Drones in all parks, most open areas and all nature preserves. So, there are very few places you can actually fly anymore, and of the few left, they are not particularly photogenic. So, now, can hardly fly at all.

It’s really sad, but few realize what happens when no one pushes back on overly burdensome restrictions, until they are in place and difficult to remove.

Reactions: MTO and JazzAir
I fly "Something" almost every single day. When weather doesn't cooperate I fly inside with some of my micro units (I'm not saying I've never flown my Inspire in the house LOL) or I have access to a warehouse where I can teach inside when needed.

Where? I fly around town, out in the country (Blue Ridge Mountains are my backyard) or just up and around my neighborhood testing/practicing. I'm always looking for an excuse to get something in the air whether it's a multirotor, helo, or airplane we fly just about daily year round.

The main reason why I fly so much is because I LOVE flying and anything aviation. So for me it's not about what is out there to see/capture but the actual act of flying and improving my skills each and every day. I do love to pictures and video we create but the majority of my flying is just for the fun of flying and staying at the top of my game.

I try to fly every day. When the weather is bad, like today, I put prop guards on the Mavic Air and fly indoors.

Reactions: BigAl07
I don't fly that much mostly because I'm too busy and nothing really to film and anything there is to film, TC won't let me. Buuut when I do, most of the time I just flyyyy around at the same location (my house), sightseeing things I've seen thousands of time already.

I hate living like this. Hahaha. I fly about 4 times a week just to see who got a new car or if that dog got off the chain again. I try to plan a true photographic flight about once a month

I seldom miss a day, either for pleasure or buisness. Out to a lake, at home, when we go for a drive...

Reactions: BigAl07
I try to fly on weekends depending on weather but I live in Virginia and it’s hard to find a spot that isn’t by airports, military bases or parks that allow drones.

I try to fly on weekends depending on weather but I live in Virginia and it’s hard to find a spot that isn’t by airports, military bases or parks that allow drones.
Come to my part of Virginia, (Staunton), lots of open spaces. The scenery is great.

Seriously we fly almost every other day, Twice a day if its Storming outside :) Phantomrain.org

I have the DJI Inspire 2 and I fly as often as possible. Probably at least 4-5 times a week if the weather allows. Practice is very important to get better.

Whenever I can. It also lets me get my Jeep dirty and do some hiking. at the same time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart