How much should i charge for real estate

Reaction score
I am 15, UK and thinking of buying a bigger drone like the DJI phantom 3 4K. I have had a bit of experience already from smaller drones. Once i buy the new drone i want to make some money and have heard that doing real estate photos/ videos is a real money earner. How much could i charge for a photoshot or video, etc. and what advice would you give me.

Thanks
Michael Marsh

Hahahahaha. Real money earner [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

First off, PfAW course, grand.
Second, insurance. £35+per WEEK
Third, CAA registration, another few hundred.
Fourth. You need to be able to spend long hours doing great final editing. Which means a bloody good PC, theres another few grand.
Fifth, you are 15. What about transport ?
Then you have the usual income tax, third party liability insurance etc.

My advice, fly for fun, enjoy it.

If someone asks you to do a "job", do it for free, and use the experience to learn...

Whatever you do, good luck.

Pete

Not to trample your idea, but head into this the way a real business operator would. Take all the info/advice that 2E0HKC provided (I'm US so I can't comment on UK specific issues), then Google 'Business Plans', do your research and put together a business plan covering all aspects of your proposed business...not only will this arm you with a valuable skill for the future, once you've gone through the process, you will know if your venture is feasible and it's profit potential.

Cheers!

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: With The Birds
Good on you Michael,

Great to see a young bloke with a business idea and enthusiasm.

For now, I'd suggest flying the crap out of every quad you can get your hands on till you can do it in your sleep.

Practice taking video and photos of your own place, friends, neighbours etc.

All the red tape, & other obstacles & ******** can be overcome as you gain confidence & experience.

Good luck young fella!

Hahahahaha. Real money earner [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

First off, PfAW course, grand.
Second, insurance. £35+per WEEK
Third, CAA registration, another few hundred.
Fourth. You need to be able to spend long hours doing great final editing. Which means a bloody good PC, theres another few grand.
Fifth, you are 15. What about transport ?
Then you have the usual income tax, third party liability insurance etc.

My advice, fly for fun, enjoy it.

If someone asks you to do a "job", do it for free, and use the experience to learn...

Whatever you do, good luck.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the advice, you seem to be quite knowledgeable in this sector. How would I get the PFAW course and then CAA registration. I already have a decent PC and have transport so I would not need to worry about that. Do you have to be a certain age to get those?

Thanks for the advice
Michael

Top lad.
I have also though of doing something like this. I would more look at is as a hobby and I will accept small donations if you like my photos. What would be nice is to know where you live I the UK. I've been thinking of setting up a website and advertising on Facebook. Again as a hobby with small donations, should the clientele grow then business plans would need to be drawn. If you are not far from me ( I'm in Kent ) already there is a large ground covered.
Don't let the negative people drag you down down. Follow your ambition and make some money, even it over 2 years it only pays for the drone.

Top lad.
I have also though of doing something like this. I would more look at is as a hobby and I will accept small donations if you like my photos. What would be nice is to know where you live I the UK. I've been thinking of setting up a website and advertising on Facebook. Again as a hobby with small donations, should the clientele grow then business plans would need to be drawn. If you are not far from me ( I'm in Kent ) already there is a large ground covered.
Don't let the negative people drag you down down. Follow your ambition and make some money, even it over 2 years it only pays for the drone.

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if you had any qualifications or if you just do it 'recreationally' and accept donations. Also how would you approach the real estate companies to get them to chose you?

Mm You require by law, certification as a drone pilot to do commercial work for fees in the U.K. and appropriate public and commercial liability insurance, otherwise commercial gain, even for "small donations" , is illegal. I suppose pointing these facts out you will interoperate as negative but however they are are accurate. As a matter of interest why do refer to property as "Real estate" ... that's so Amircan [emoji120]

Mm You require by law, certification as a drone pilot to do commercial work for fees in the U.K. and appropriate public and commercial liability insurance, otherwise commercial gain, even for "small donations" , is illegal. I suppose pointing these facts out you will interoperate as negative but however they are are accurate. As a matter of interest why do refer to property as "Real estate" ... that's so Amircan [emoji120]
And Orstrayan:)

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if you had any qualifications or if you just do it 'recreationally' and accept donations. Also how would you approach the real estate companies to get them to chose you?
I have not yet done any, I was simply just thinking about it.
My mother has a picture of her house in the 70s taken from a chopper and I offered to take one now so that we can compare differences.
My Mrs is a solicitor and I have plenty of friends as estate agents that I have not yet spoken to, purely because I don't think it's worth it. Lisences, insuence, better drone even. But if they came to me and said
"The street is really narrow, I can't get a good angle, the swinging pool on the roof is just the tits" I may be able to help.
I would start b calling yourself an Ariel apprentice photographer that way you avoid some laws... training before qualified. You can't get qualified at 15 concentrat on them GCSE,s.
Next time you pass a photography shop or estate agency pop in, be friendly and say you need some experience. You never know

"Real Estate" is a so "American" term? It's use in generally accepted parlance is derived from English Common Law. Fact. Using terms that provide for less opportunity for ambiguity would seem logical- people from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and other jurisdictions likley agree.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl