How many phantom users here, who film real estate, use ND filers?

In general, it's a good idea to use ND filters in most cases when shooting video. You shouldn't need them for photos -- unless you're shooting photos over water.

Better to err on the side of caution by using the filter because contrast can be fixed in post production where the opposite, no filter results in blowout and nothing can be done to fix parts of the image that are blown out because there is no detail left in those areas to change.

If you shoot Dlog for this type of shooting I would not use ND filters and go for clarity and crispness of the footage. Dlog will let you preserve more of the shaded details than ND filters would. Big scenery/landscape sure you can use ND to "smooth/wash" the footage motion.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would use an ND filter for sure, and be mindful about the time of day and where the sun is casting shadows. A drone shadow anywhere in the shot is less than professional. It's also a good idea to drop the sharpness down two notches on the camera. House and roof lines tend to bring out moire effect and because the phantom camera is too sharp even at zero, reducing sharpness by two can help a lot. You can always nudge it back up a little in post. But use an ND filter no less than 8, get your iso right and dial in the proper frame rate. And by all means, be a ground photographer too. An osmo or similar is a must. It's not all about the aerial shots. Good luck.

Reactions: BigAl07
. And by all means, be a ground photographer too. An osmo or similar is a must. It's not all about the aerial shots. Good luck.
That's some of the best advice EVER!! Aerial shots are not the end-all and tend to get dull quickly.

I would only shoot real estate at dawn or at dusk it will set you apart from most people. I also shoot in dlog. Use an ND filter of 8 or 16 for video. And if you are shooting stills take off the ND filter, unless it is high noon. If you are shooting video do not select AWB- change it to 5000 or sunny or cloudy. If you use AWB the camera will do auto adjusts and it is noticeable on video. Videos- clips no longer than 5-7 seconds. Video no longer than 1.5 minutes for an average house. Always have 3 packages to sell and hope they pick the middle one. I start at $350 ($400K home or less) for 10 exterior shots, 1- 1.5 minute video, 1- 3d image or pano, 1- 15 second Instagram video. And add $50 bucks for the golden hour shoot. Middle package $199- 10 exterior shots, the video and the Instagram. Next level $149 for video and stills of exterior.
Special- I will go by and shoot 10 houses 5 exterior shots each. $750- but will go to $500 bucks. If you don't know how to edit video and you shoot a house plan on making about $9 bucks an hour if you charge $149. Its a tough business to earn enough money to replace crashed drones!

Reactions: randyp and Bigdz

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl