Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How many happy safe flights verses fly away crashes and bad flights

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bob Simmons, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Bob Simmons

After reading the many bad ending story's im wondering how many have had great flights verses the bad ones.

2. Bob Simmons

I have about 10 non eventful flights on a DJI Phantom standard 3

3. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Keep in mind that most people don't take the time to go online to talk about how GREAT their thing-a-dooger is and come online to seek solutions to problems and get help from mistakes. So going by that you see that the forum is heavily one-sided in that meaning.

Some of us have hundreds (and more) flights with no crashes or bad experiences while others aren't so lucky.

kennedye likes this.
  4. Cobs

You take the rough with the smooth and learn from it, i still replace props a lot due to my flying thru trees etc.

5. Suhail78

I've had my bird since august, and have flown it about 75 times i would say........only had 2 close calls, and both were my fault.......first day i had the drone, i clipped at tree branch that sent her tumbling, luckily she fell back into a hover and i was able to bring her home safe.....second time i was flying over water and wanted to fly backwards to capture the shoreline, and instead of pulling down on the right stick, i pulled down on the left stick, and almost put her down into the lake! so 2 incidents (both my fault) out of 75 flights, i'd say thats a pretty good statistic towards how great these birds fly.

6. RC Madman

I would say 95% + in the good and only a small handful of OH S%$# flights. I have only had 2 flyaways (On non-DJI craft) and one was a defect on my ESC and the other was weak double sided tape that was holding the FC in place came loose causing the craft to bank uncontrollably but I managed to ditch it in some tall weeds without any damage.

I had a close call with my Phantom 3A on my second flight. I did not check the home point that was recorded and when testing RTH I almost landed on a tree. I have been running Litchi which seems to record the home point much better than the Go app.

7. Great Pumpkin

No bad flights to write home to mother about except three damaging crashes, all my fault, in the first week of owning a P2V, but no bad flights whatsoever in the next 2 and 1/2 years, and none at all flying a P3P for nearly a year.

8. rge

rge

I've had 289 flights on my P4 since June totaling 210 miles with one serious user error resulting in DJI care having to repair

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Falcon900 likes this.
  9. calvin_jan

[​IMG]

More then 50 safe flight(some in litchi)
    1 crash where it was not OP nor Drone fault. My dog bit the drone out of the air while landing and slamming it in to the ground. I had to change the props and landing gear(damaged due to dog teeth)

Phantom 4 and new to drones.

Falcon900 likes this.
  10. hudster

I crashed my phantom 3 pro maybe 3 times, the first 2 were my mistakes because of pre programming the litchi waypoints wrong, not counting for elevation for my first crash, and putting a negative elevation for my second crash by accident. The last and final crash, I was flying it into too strong of a wind and flipped it upside when making a quick turn. That is now sold for parts only! I now have a phantom 4 and definitely learned from my stupid mistakes!