How long should you keep a lost drone?

That's a SYMA drone I believe. Not as expensive / advanced as dji drones. I learned a lot flying one!
Yep... SyMA it is....

IMG_2236.JPG

Couldn't believe how light it was. Had a 4 gig memory card but nothing on it that might reveal where the home point was.

Handed it in to the coppas... if the owner thinks they will contact the police and ask if it's been handed in.

This day and age, it should be registered. IF NOT, It's an illegal drone. Ask the local hobby store guys... maybe they have heard someone asking. I've lost a couple over the years... got luck and found them. BEFORE GPS

This only applies in the land of the free. Up here in communist Canada, and I suspect most everywhere else, we have no such laws regarding registering drones.

Reactions: Loz
Why don't people put their contact on the thing????

My aircraft have a custom label attached which states:

Company name
Phone number
"This is a commercially operated vehicle which is tracked by GPS. Reward if recovered"

"How long before you should try and trace the owner before you keep it" ?
Easy. Report the registration number to the FAA. What? No registration number, including inside the battery compartment? Maybe ask on craigslist. No reply? The drone is mine.

Easy. Report the registration number to the FAA. What? No registration number, including inside the battery compartment? Maybe ask on craigslist. No reply? The drone is mine.

[emoji849] doubt the FAA will respond to calls from Australia for non required registration number..

Reactions: R30Rush
No contact number, no registration, no pics on card to identify owner = I scored a new drone lol. Tell me this, your out hiking or whatever and find someone's Phantom 4 Pro with no way to identify the owner what are you gonna do? Hand it to cops and hope they don't keep it or just buy a controller and bind it as your own? Mine has my ph number on it

Reactions: pomonabill220
No contact number, no registration, no pics on card to identify owner = I scored a new drone lol. Tell me this, your out hiking or whatever and find someone's Phantom 4 Pro with no way to identify the owner what are you gonna do? Hand it to cops and hope they don't keep it or just buy a controller and bind it as your own? Mine has my ph number on it

Again, being a DJI drone ( in this case the example being a P4P ) contact DJI with the serial # and POOF! You have a means of reuniting a fellow pilot with their drone. I know if I lost something that expensive I would appreciate a fellow phantom pilot returning what is mine. As for a cheaper unregistered drones well... yea... free drone.

Wait. You mean there's not lost and found area on this website? Sounds like a job for the sys admin.

Wait. You mean there's not lost and found area on this website? Sounds like a job for the sys admin.
You mean this lost and found section of the forum? Maybe look around a little before telling the Sys Admin to get to work. Not all drones are Phantoms and not all pilots spend time on this forum...although they should:D

Lost and Found

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor