How long did it take you to study for the 107?

Reaction score
Just wondering... how much time did you invest to pass the test to become commercially licensed?

I think right around two months, an hour or two each day. YouTube videos and the faa study guide is how I passed...I still try and study when I find time...I didn't ace it by no means, but did good.

Reactions: tml4191
I think right around two months, an hour or two each day. YouTube videos and the faa study guide is how I passed...I still try and study when I find time...I didn't ace it by no means, but did good.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't know it took that long to study. Did anyone else pass with only about a week or two weeks worth of study time?

I'm sure you can, I was working a lot of over time so I had little time to study. So I had to stretch my study time out.

Reactions: tml4191
Good Luck to you, and everyone else studying............
I've been studying for a couple of weeks now in the evenings after work for a couple of hours each night. Then, last night for about 5 hours, today for about 12 hours (Saturday) and plan on studying all day tomorrow (Sunday).......

I have no knowledge or experience with any of this, to start with. I've only been up in a plane a few times in my life; once when I was about 10 yrs. old, and when I flew from Illinois to Philadelphia when I was about 23 yrs. old......LOL

Here's what I've done:
  • First I read the FAA "Remote Pilot - sUAS Study Guide"
  • Then I bought the RemotePilot101 course and just finished all the videos today. (Jason did a great job on the videos)
    • It took me a little longer watching them because I made a PowerPoint Slides for everything that I thought was important. I have about 185 pages in PowerPoint slides for me to study with now. The only section I'm having trouble with is "Airport & Field Operations" section (the biggest part of it all - LOL). I'm going to take RP101 full exam tomorrow and see how I do........

I'm still struggling with a few topics. The most important ones of course.......The questions can get confusing & there is so much there to learn and absorb. I'll get it though.

Hoping to take the test within a couple of weeks. I have to pass this.........

Generally, how hard is this test? Like Rayb I don't have any knowledge or experience with this stuff so I'll be starting at zero. I don't want to just remember the answers to pass the test. I want to know the answers anytime.

Reactions: Rayb27
I PASSED - 85%

I only used:
  • RemotePilot101 - studied for 5 evenings (3 hours each) and about 12 hrs. Saturday & 12 hrs. Sunday (Was consistently missing zero or one on the practice quiz)
  • FAA Study Guide (only read it once)
However, I'm still plan on getting the Gold Seal to learn all I can..........It looks like a great course as well.
It is a hard test. The questions are very tricky and worded to make you second guess yourself.........I had maybe three questions that were directly from RemotePilot101, but the concepts were there. I only had 2 questions on METAR's & TAF's., about a dozen questions with maps, airspace questions, finding CT Frequencies, height of a lighted tower, Latitude & Longitude on question on stable air, one question on unstable air and misc.....and a few questions that I couldn't tell you what they were........... I really can't remember any of the questions specifically. My mind went blank when I completed it, just like a weight lifted off me.

After the test, you can review the ones you missed, but you can't see the answer you gave or the right answer.

In closing: Can you pass the test with the FAA Study Guide and RemotePilot101? You better understand the concepts.

Thank you all for your comments and time......

Remote Pilot Ray

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan