Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How do you re-set the homepoint whist flying.Hi

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Iain_P3, May 10, 2015.

1. Iain_P3

Hi everyone, been doing quite a few test flight with my P3 this weekend, but I can't figure out how to re-set the homepoint whist still in the air.

On the P2V+ you just toggle the s2 switch five times fast, and the homepoint will re-set to where the aircraft is at the time. This was very useful before the Dynamic Homepoint feature was added.

How do you do it on a P3, this is pretty important if you want to fly off a boat, and you are not going to be at the homepoint if something bad happens. There is no Dynamic Homepoint in the Pilot App yet.

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

3. skyhighdiver

Not to be a jerk but when you have a question please to a search on the forum first before posing as otherwise we end up with 50 threads all asking same questions :(

But to answer it as of now you cant

4. Iain_P3

I tried searching for "reset homepoint", and re-set homepoint, nothing came up, but thanks for the answer anyway

5. mohan

I thought you can reset the home point by clicking on the H on the aircraft icon - it update the home point to the current aircraft location - at present you can't select dynamic home point which updates it constantly to the pilot and useful in a boat.

6. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

That works for the Inspire but it seems that they haven't implemented it for the P3.
    It's there in the app - until you connect the P3.
    Have you got it on your pre-production model?

It's an obvious feature they need to implement ASAP..
    I used it on most flights on my P2s

7. mohan

Yes it is there on the older software and firmware but I must admit I have never tried it... it may not work in practice... maybe that's why it has now been removed

I thought this is what we discussed in the RTH Thread

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/check-your-rth-height.40799/#post-376163