How do you increase distance

Depending on what version of the app you have will severely effect distance to.. If you have the latest version of the app or the one just before that. your max range will be about 1/2 of what it used to be able to go..
You can fly without the app and as such, it has no impact on distance. The exception would be limits set by the pilot in order to establish their own personal geo-fence.

My logic is even over land it's history! If you're flying it at any height above 100ft I'm sure it's a total loss or at least might as well buy a new one. Losing at sea you don't recover the pieces (maybe) and you lose the sd card.
I'm the same way. 100 feet, 200 feet, 300 feet. If it falls it's going to be totaled. The only difference is if it's a malfunction, at least I have the drone and its .dat file for DJI. Warranty covers it. If I lose it in the water, it's already a closed case with DJI. Water landings are not covered. No drone, no warranty.

If I lose it in the water, it's already a closed case with DJI. Water landings are not covered. No drone, no warranty.
Having no drone can make it difficult to prove the cause of the incident.
But if you can show the cause of the incident was due to a DJI issue, you have warranty whether it crashes on land or into deep water.

Having no drone can make it difficult to prove the cause of the incident.
But if you can show the cause of the incident was due to a DJI issue, you have warranty whether it crashes on land or into deep water.
We can only hope. Nevertheless, I stay clear of water.

Maybe I'm thinking of DJI Care. I know I have it writing somewhere. Water landings are NOT covered.

Maybe I'm thinking of DJI Care. I know I have it writing somewhere. Water landings are NOT covered.
I know that DJI gave me a replacement Phantom when I lost one in water and I've heard of others too.
I didn't have the Phantom but the app txt file showed enough information to prove the cause of the incident.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94