How do you guys get the range you are stating

I live in and have been in really unpopulated areas where they might have a single house or 2 but nothing major and I have yet to get my bird over a mile and I say i have gotten exactly a mile but that was with the wind surfer from Dave. If it take that off and try to fly the same route, i barely get 3000 feet and i lose signal. I just bought the dbs mods which should be here Friday, but you guys talk about stock giving you over a mile and I just dont see how that is possible. and surely dont see how it is possible with the wind surfer going 3 miles or more.

For anyone wanting better range, go into the settings and turn down the mb/s to 4mb/s. As you turn down this setting you will see the app increase the reported range it can fly. It's right under the setting for what channel to use.

You may also want to go to this setting once you have the drone turned on where you are going to fly, change from Auto to Custom for the channel selection and _then_ find the channel with the lowest bar (usually 32 if you are running the channel hack). The channel hack does _not_ increase the power of the signal, it only uses a freq that has less interference.

For anyone wanting better range, go into the settings and turn down the mb/s to 4mb/s. As you turn down this setting you will see the app increase the reported range it can fly. It's right under the setting for what channel to use.

You may also want to go to this setting once you have the drone turned on where you are going to fly, change from Auto to Custom for the channel selection and _then_ find the channel with the lowest bar (usually 32 if you are running the channel hack). The channel hack does _not_ increase the power of the signal, it only uses a freq that has less interference.

I've already did what you suggested with little to no noticeable improvement. I do not have the channel mod though and only using the stock channels offered. 2600 ft or so is the farthest I get.

I've already did what you suggested with little to no noticeable improvement. I do not have the channel mod though and only using the stock channels offered. 2600 ft or so is the farthest I get.
This just doesn't seem right... you might have something wrong with it. Even DJI specifies what, 1.2 miles or something like that, so you should be getting at least that in rural areas. As I mentioned earlier I've pushed mine to 2.5 miles and could have went further, but it doesn't even hiccup at 2,600 feet even under adverse conditions.

Read it and weep! Try putting your remote control on a pedestal or something to keep it still and aimed in the proper direction. Antennas parallel. Also, altitude is your friend.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl