How do I know if I need a firmware update

Reaction score
Hello,

Just received my phantom 3 Standard. I read everything, watched all videos, registered with FAA. On the GO app it says, "latest firmware!" On the status. I assume this means the latest firmware has already bees installed at the factory? Aircraft flew like a dream with zero calibration issues. Thanks.

If you have the latest FW on your AC and RC, I don't think you would ever need an update as Main focus now is on P4 and higher versions.

Anyway for your information, Go app is devices based and you will get a notification if you have a new update. Read the update reasons and decide if you really need to update because of changes listed.

Any update to RC will be shown on Go app if you connect to internet. Unfortunately you will not know the reasons for update and in such a case look at the forum for comments on that update.

AC updates are usually available on DJI site and RC will notify you in case the RC FW needs a new AC update.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

OP. Same here. Received the P3S with everything already updated, and calibrated. Only needed to do a compass calibration. I think that the vendor did all the work. That means the vendor must have checked out much of the drone before sending it out. That's a plus for buying from a trusted source.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl