Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How Do I Check Firmware Version If It Marked 'N/A' ??

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by eko.saputra, Oct 19, 2016.

1. eko.saputra

I cannot see which version of FW installed and cannot downgrade the FW.

when I insert SD card with .bin inside, the camera's LED do nothing, it just solid green.
    There's no updating process.
    It shows 'The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.'

Have tried and followed procedures i've read in this forum many times but there was no result.
    does anybody here know how to resolve this issue?

Attached Files:

2. RC Madman

Mine is NA as well. Can only see the Go App FW version.

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

eko.saputra, try installing the firmware like this.

4. WilliamM

You will not see the FW version unless everything is powered on, including the AC. Is your RC and AC powered on ?

5. eko.saputra

Take a look at the attached picture in post #1 :)

6. WilliamM

Saw that, That's not telling me the AC is powered up and linked. Mine looks the same if only the RC and device are turned on.

7. Dr. Orion Lawlor

I had exactly the same error this week on my brand new Phantom 3 4K, driven from Android DJI GO app version 3.0.0. Everything connected fine (camera pictures show on app, I can move gimbal with RC sticks), but I can't fly because the Sensors tab shows no IMU data (blank, or all zeros), and "Calibrate IMU" just hangs forever at 0%.

The IMU bug seems to be a known problem with factory firmware on the Phantom 3 4K, and the fix is just to upgrade the firmware. But the current app won't upgrade the bird's firmware--status shows "Latest version!", but the About panel shows Firmware: n/a, and the secret Downgrade Firmware button in the front page shows Equipment:Loading Firmware Version:Loading.

Last night I fixed this, by manually downloading a Phantom 3 4K binary firmware file from this blind-guessed URL:
    http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_4k/P3XW_FW_V01.05.0040.bin

When I copied this to the camera's microSD card, and started the bird, it went into firmware update mode (d-d-d-d four beeps and green-red camera LED flashing) for 20 minutes, and ended in successful update mode (camera LED solid green and D---- D-D beep).

Afterwards, my Phantom 3 4K was able to calibrate the IMU successfully, and I was able to fly and take video!

The update log file P3XW_FW_RESULT_AB.txt shows it succesfully updated the firmware:

========== 2014.01.01 00:03:47 remo-con disconnect======
    Packet: P3XW_FW_V01.05.0040.bin
    Upgrading ...
    Result: Success.

Strangely, I still see Firmware: n/a in the app, but I can confirm from /etc/firmware_version on the bird that it updated from "software version:01.00.09.38" (factory firmware?) to "software version:01.00.09.56", which might not be fully up to date, but does work!

It's frustrating that (1) the bird shipped with unusable firmware, (2) the firmware can 'only be updated from the app', but (3) the app does not seem to actually update firmware, only the manual microSD process from an undocumented source. Does anybody know where I can download other Phantom 3 4K firmware images, such as the latest supported version?