How cold

In the P3S specs, DJI recommends an operating temperature of between 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C). While it's technically possible to fly outside of that range, you could damage your Phantom (most likely the battery) if you often fly in temperatures much beyond those recommendations.

At cold temps like near zero, it is always recommended that you keep your batteries inside your jacket before flying to make sure they're warm.

When I fly in single digit weather I usually have a lot of performance issues with my p4 aside from trying to stay warm . I usually tap out after 10-15 min .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I flew in the low 30s with a 15 mph breeze. Breeze is what got me, hands went NUMB. I made sure I let the p3p 'warm' up for a bit before take off to let everything equalize in temp. Not sure if it was needed but rather be safe than sorry. All my flights have been in under 40 degrees (5 total, still a newbie)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

In colder temps I'm more concerned with condensation forming inside the aircraft when it gets back inside to warmer temps. You can keep it it a sealed bag until the temperature increases. Even so, I'm still concerned about it. Anything under 20F gets uncomfortable quickly. Standing still in the cold doesn't produce much body heat. Finger-less shooting gloves might be an option for those with cold fingers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72