How about a drone to help you catch fish?

Interesting to see it float on water.

I know people have tried P3 successfully to catch fishes too with a detachable hook.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Here in Michigan there is specific statutory law that makes it a crime to use a drone in the taking of game, fish included.

In my opinion the statute is written with a lot of room for interpretation but actually using a drone in the act of securing another animal is something that I would definitely recommend checking the legality for wherever you live.

Reactions: N017RW
The quad copter has a fish finder and drops a hook just like a boat does so I would not think it would be illegal or a crime.

I don't own a drone .... I own a p4 quad copter so the law would not apply. :^)

-G

Just because something can do something, doesn't make it legal.

The way I interpret the law as written here is do not use any uav to take game. If the law is different elsewhere, then so be it. Personally, I wouldn't rely on the capabilities of my uav to assume that they are legal.

The quad copter has a fish finder and drops a hook just like a boat does so I would not think it would be illegal or a crime.

I don't own a drone .... I own a p4 quad copter so the law would not apply. :^)

-G
You can call it a buttercup if you like, definitions are legal and binding.

It is illegal here to use a buttercup for fishing, I am not sure about hunting.

Reactions: Pepe Goodman
You can call it a buttercup if you like, definitions are legal and binding.

It is illegal here to use a buttercup for fishing, I am not sure about hunting.

Correct. I've read quite a bit of caselaw in my day and one thing that never prevails is ignorance of the law.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94