Hover - App for Drone Enthusiasts

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I want to get your feedback on our early version of "Hover." Hover is an app for drone enthusiasts, with real time weather data, drone news feed, and no fly zone maps. We'd like to know what you think of the features, and we would love to hear your feedback on the experience and what features you'd like in the future. Please see the link below :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hover-d ... 41516?mt=8

Looks like it could be interesting, although it does not seem to want to install on my Android ;)

In the process of downloading it now. Will post feedback in a bit.

Thanks for letting us know.

Ok, I looked at it. I like the timer aspect and the wind info on the same page. Regarding the No-Fly zones, where are you getting that from? I have been exhaustively looking for information on state parks and even wrote the state park office here in California (no response).

Hughie said:
Looks like it could be interesting, although it does not seem to want to install on my Android ;)
Found it in iTunes place. Not going to work on the good Android.

dirkclod said:
Happyflyer said:
Hughie said:
Found it in iTunes place. Not going to work on the good Android.
Does on the better iPhone Happy but not really sure what to think off it. ;)
They're working out all the bugs with the iPhoney *cough* I mean iPhone, so they can give the Android users the best experience. ;)

Found it in iTunes place. Not going to work on the good Android.[/quote]
Does on the better iPhone Happy but not really sure what to think off it. ;)[/quote]
They're working out all the bugs with the iPhoney *cough* I mean iPhone, so they can give the Android users the best experience. ;)[/quote]

Haha we'll have all the bugs worked out by the time we make it for Android ;) But that is some time away. Probably around 1-3 months. What features would you all want with the app?

sdtrojan said:
Ok, I looked at it. I like the timer aspect and the wind info on the same page. Regarding the No-Fly zones, where are you getting that from? I have been exhaustively looking for information on state parks and even wrote the state park office here in California (no response).

We pull the no fly zone map data from an open source MapBox project. This data is aggregated from NPS, US Military Data, and the FAA. The map includes both permanent and temporary restrictions.

https://www.mapbox.com/drone/no-fly/

I have used it twice today just to check the wind, I like the RSS though.

One thing I would like is to be able to tap the temperature to change it between F and C.

JamesG said:
I have used it twice today just to check the wind, I like the RSS though.

One thing I would like is to be able to tap the temperature to change it between F and C.

Ah very good idea! We'll make sure a F/C conversion is on the settings page in the next release!

txdan2010 said:
We pull the no fly zone map data from an open source MapBox project. This data is aggregated from NPS, US Military Data, and the FAA. The map includes both permanent and temporary restrictions.

Hey txdan2010,
I stole your link and posted it so even numbskulls like me can find it. Thanks for sharing.

IflyinWY said:
txdan2010 said:

Hey txdan2010,
I stole your link and posted it so even numbskulls like me can find it. Thanks for sharing.

Np, glad I could help :)

dirkclod said:
IflyinWY said:
txdan2010 said:

Hey txdan2010,
You stole it then thanked him for sharing it :shock: :lol: :lol: Ya bad as me bro !!

Steal away :)

I just downloaded the Hover app for Android. I like it!

But to follow up on the no-fly questions here, why are there so many differences between Mapbox and the Hover app? For instance, lower Manhattan and Morrisville Vermont are restricted on Hover, but not on Mapbox. And supposedly, most of Atlanta Georgia is a no-fly zone due to a recent strange state ordinance (which everyone says they had no authority to enact). But it's not on either map. And, I wrote to the Georgia state parks, and they said they "cannot authorize" drone use, but those aren't on either map, as well.

I just downloaded the Hover app for Android. I like it!

But to follow up on the no-fly questions here, why are there so many differences between Mapbox and the Hover app? For instance, lower Manhattan and Morrisville Vermont are restricted on Hover, but not on Mapbox. And supposedly, most of Atlanta Georgia is a no-fly zone due to a recent strange state ordinance (which everyone says they had no authority to enact). But it's not on either map. And, I wrote to the Georgia state parks, and they said they "cannot authorize" drone use, but those aren't on either map, as well.

Hey SouthernPhantom,

Mapbox is an open source no-fly zone map project that hasn't been updated in over a year. Our no-fly zone maps are provided by AirMap.io, a company that is dedicated to providing the most robust no-fly zone map solutions. If there is an error in the map, I encourage you to reach out to them!

Also, please continue our conversation on this thread: Hover - #1 app for Drone pilots adds International airports to no-fly zone maps! | DJI Phantom Forum

Cheers,
Dan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl