Horizon not level, much effort but no cigar.

Reaction score
My first post. Hi all.

I have had a look through this section of the forum and I don't see any threads on this topic. I have however seen a few reply s to a video on youtube from people with the same problem as me. Basically my gopro is not settling in a level position when flying. I can see this when viewing the monitor and when playing back videos, where it is many times more apparent on a bigger screen. To look at it (the gimbal/gopro) when sat on a desk and powered up it looks pretty straight. The first occurrence of this problem coincides with a crash and a firmware update, so I'm not sure if the crash (as I fist suspected) is the cause of this problem. I have spent many hours bending the mounting arm/arms with pliers to no avail.

I will reinstall the DJI software (recently done fresh OS install) when I get home and try to calibrate the gimbal. If that doesn't work I will probably buy another.

Has anyone here seen or heard of this problem before?

Mine was solved by re-flashing the H33D FW and updating it again via software. Now it is perfectly level. It might nit work for everyone, but it did work for me.

I am having same problem. I will reupload latest firmware and do a IMU calibration on the phantom to see if this works. Is yours still not horizontal?

If you are noticing the horizon is not level on your H3-3D it could be because your IMU calibration is a little off in the P2. The gimbal gets what is level from the IMU of the P2. To solve this issues (most of the time, unless there is another issue) set your P2 on a perfectly level surface (check for level) then do a Basic IMU calibration and then follow up with a Advanced IMU calibration. When you do the Advaced IMU cali an error message could come up saying it is too warm and to turn off to let it cool down, but just hit continue or ok (forget what the option is) and it will do the calibration. This may take awhile and make sure not to touch the P2. After that take it outside and do a compass calibration (I would recommend to do a compass calibration after all Advance IMU calibrations). Fly it and see if it is fixed. Sometimes the H3-3D likes to tweak off level when it is just sitting still, but as soon as you fly it will correct itself. After all is said and done if you are still having this issue try to reset the gimbal and reload firmware (there are other posts how to do this). If you are still having an issue contact your vendor or DJI for your next steps on a exchange or a repair. Good luck.

shartlza said:
If you are noticing the horizon is not level on your H3-3D it could be because your IMU calibration is a little off in the P2. The gimbal gets what is level from the IMU of the P2. To solve this issues (most of the time, unless there is another issue) set your P2 on a perfectly level surface (check for level) then do a Basic IMU calibration and then follow up with a Advanced IMU calibration. When you do the Advaced IMU cali an error message could come up saying it is too warm and to turn off to let it cool down, but just hit continue or ok (forget what the option is) and it will do the calibration. This may take awhile and make sure not to touch the P2. After that take it outside and do a compass calibration (I would recommend to do a compass calibration after all Advance IMU calibrations). Fly it and see if it is fixed. Sometimes the H3-3D likes to tweak off level when it is just sitting still, but as soon as you fly it will correct itself. After all is said and done if you are still having this issue try to reset the gimbal and reload firmware (there are other posts how to do this). If you are still having an issue contact your vendor or DJI for your next steps on a exchange or a repair. Good luck.

Don't ignore the warning > Heat affects the IMU. There are tiny sensors that assist the phantom's NAZA flight system. The phantom warms up very quickly when idling with no props on and it only takes about a minute for the warning to appear.
Go charge your battery and let the phantom cool down. Wait about 30minutes, and have the Phantom assist started with the USB plugged in and phantom off. Do the ADV IMU calibration the moment you turn on the Phantom. It should get the GREEN TICKS in 2 minutes or less.

If you are doing an adv IMU, then there is no need to do the basic. You will see it happen right after the Adv IMU is done.

Thanks all for the reply's. I will grab a spirit level and do a advanced calibration. I will do it before flying, and have everything ready so phantom is powered on for the shortest amount of time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing