Horizon FPV Antennas

Hi

I would like to post my new images with Hirozon Antenna with Amplifier 2.5W pooster 12v
This images shows more than 3000m while the stock P2V fling forward not on it side ...

I used 640✖️480 15fps

Question now for owners if fly it the P2V on it side How much do you wonder I will get !!!!!

I predict more than 4000m

Note: the higher you get the bigger distance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 893
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 894
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 890
714Aberdeen said:
Hi

I would like to post my new images with Hirozon Antenna with Amplifier 2.5W pooster 12v
This images shows more than 3000m while the stock P2V fling forward not on it side ...

I used 640✖️480 15fps

Question now for owners if fly it the P2V on it side How much do you wonder I will get !!!!!

I predict more than 4000m

Note: the higher you get the bigger distance

Nice range especially considering this is not the middle of nowhere you're flying in but a big city with a lot of other signals to potentially interfere.

On a side note. To me it's more interesting flying long range if you can keep your altitude on the lower side like not more than 500 feet high, which makes for a clearer more interesting view of what's below. If I want a 1,000+ foot high view of an area I wouldn't feel the need to do that at a 2 or 3km distance from me.

Since your range obsessed you really should consider adding a couple of skew planer or clover leaf antennas to your Phantom. Your long range flying experience will be all the much better for it. Also with Horizon having available the ufl male to rpsma male adapters it makes the mod that much easier as you don't need to take apart the camera only the bottom cover.

Hi

Thank you Ben and Geert

This new images with 2.5 Amplifier

Im really become nervous and scare to continue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 514
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 541
BenDronePilot

Im forced to increae the altitude because
Arround me many buildings and many towers for communecations companies
Also towers for electrisity that way I increase the altitude to avoid the bildings and the towers

714Aberdeen said:
Hi

Thank you Ben and Geert

This new images with 2.5 Amplifier

Im really become nervous and scare to continue

Hi there , good range , it will probably do the 4kM mark on the antenna side but you are close now to the power plant of the battery, I predicted this on the EARLY stages on the design that the antennas will out out range the flying distance on the UAV ,you can pass the point of no return easily here , if the wind just changed direction so you were flying into the wind coming home you could get in trouble and loose the UAV, so be very careful.. !!!

We tested the antennas at over 11Km on very low power ,before we introduced them to the P2V pilot end, so we know what they will do , the weakest link is the battery !!!.

Will

Pcdeveloper2014

Thank you for the feedback

When the P2V landed still there was 40%
Thats mean the phantom used 60% of the battery
In more than 7000m

However it was windy today

Just want to thank Will for the excellant quality antenna , I've just flown a long way, (not as far as many on here , but far enough for me) with your 5.8ghz blackhawk micro which sits snug and very nice on the tx. I've just received your UAV kit 2.8ghz for the video and have seen the U fL cable adaptation for the pigtail, nicely done, will clip/plug in to the camera female nicely.
Very pleased.

I also want to say although I have chosen another company's product for the 2.8 tx video end as it's smaller to pack, I also have your blackhawk 2.8 which although is larger also works excellently.(once I got a decent ufl lol)
I will also thank the other person for my tx 2.8 as having seen an earlier post, I support you both as it's great to have great products on offer from both sides of the pond.

Fianally your customer service via personal message for support also excellant. :cool:

Re: Horizon FPV Antennas available down under !

FlyingFox said:
Just want to thank Will for the excellant quality antenna , I've just flown a long way, (not as far as many on here , but far enough for me) with your 5.8ghz blackhawk micro which sits snug and very nice on the tx. I've just received your UAV kit 2.8ghz for the video and have seen the U fL cable adaptation for the pigtail, nicely done, will clip/plug in to the camera female nicely.
Very pleased.

I also want to say although I have chosen another company's product for the 2.8 tx video end as it's smaller to pack, I also have your blackhawk 2.8 which although is larger also works excellently.(once I got a decent ufl lol)
I will also thank the other person for my tx 2.8 as having seen an earlier post, I support you both as it's great to have great products on offer from both sides of the pond.

Fianally your customer service via personal message for support also excellant. :cool:

Hi thanks very much for your feedback and taking the time to put it in print, we do appreciate all feed back .
As an antenna designer in this field we strive to do the best we possibly can for the hobby and get a good product range , well built that performs well. We probably have the largest range of FPV antenna anywhere ,with new designs on the way.

So good news for you guys down under there is a new dealer in Australia and New Zealand,
They have been appointed exclusive dealership for Australia and New Zealand. All the products will be available
from them , there will be a new site up for the shortly so keep an eye out for an announcement.
so if your after a particular set of antenna on the Horizon store , contact them if your down under.
here are the details if you want to contact them.

Will.

AdvancedUavSystems
Contact person
Darren Kellett

Address
44 silver gull street
Coomera
QLD

telephone 0400 496771

Re: Horizon FPV Antennas with 2.5W Amplifier 4000m

Hi there

I wuold like to share some images with you

The distance was amazing today with Horizon Kit extra 2.5 Amplifier

P2V Flew for adistance of 8000m

And when it landed there was still 35% of the battery left

And I think i can get adistance off more than 4000m if I increase the altitude

More than the last image shown

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 448
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 470
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 453
Thank you Geert

Waiting for your Experiences

But take care if you think do long distance

Its so risky mybe you will lost P2V if you didnt Calculate

And study the distance

The important thing is the wind

Good luck

Hi Geert

With 2.0W Amplifier you will get more than 2500m if the phantom is front of you depend on the altitude
When increase the altitude you will get bigger distance

However Also depend on the enviroment in my city there was many of biuldings and alot
Of towers

Also if shoose low quality you get more distance

If you looking for bigger distance you can turn P2V on it side you will get more than 3000m

Thank you

Geert said:
wgasja said:
well i finally managed to reach 2480 feet range with my with my P2V using the Horizon FPV Blackhawk antenna fitted to the wifi extender, no mods on the phantom, think i may need to mod the tx antenna now because the phantom went in RTH mode at this range. http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... ott-29378/

I think that's a good idea.
Also try to keep your wifi extender fully charged, replace the batteries in the remote control often.
You will notice the difference with new batteries in your remote control.

:)

Geert.
I keep my wifi extender fully charged using a external battery back. And recharge my tx batteries every 4 flights

Great idea - wanna be my agent?! I've got a big list of things I'd love to get in to review at enormous discount. Start with a Spreading Wings S1000 and work your way down! :lol:

I just like sharing something good if I find it - this week's "1000 subscriber special" discounts and prize draws on the channel all involve businesses/products I've bought from/bought and really rate so it was great they came on board to give everyone a little something.

Thanks Will, very pleased with the easy install and FPV on my tablet - great distance at medium resolution , my blackhawk micro went 1st which is the way I want it ,so I can see where it is if tx control is lost over a large distance that I won't usually do. :D , I now have parameters that I should always be fully in control.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 487
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 449
A further question , has anyone removed the stock antenna as they are just extra weight , I know I can return them if I need to? Do they just pull out,

Hi there

I would like to share this video I make it

This video shows the distance that I got

It was more than 3600m with Horizon Antennas with 2.0 Amp

Also I would like to show you my city enviroment

I think if you want get more distance and good reault you have to stay away from the city

My P2V stock No modifacations

http://youtu.be/NftKbTJS1hE

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 380
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 428
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 419
Aberdeen, at 40 sec there is battery percentage at zero :)
But stock Vision means no cloverleaf antennas attached either? And wich kind of antennas You used, there is new 2,4+5.8 combo, its not that? Below video I could not find anything.

Right now I use only tp link antennas and 1 km is limit, more or less, rc and fpv. Seems height is critical too for long range flight.
Looking for more compact solution for long range.

I struggled to 1 km flyout, but as soon as my p2v crossed 999 meter line it shows "n/a" ...Iphone 5s is for fpv picure.

Nice work, though!

(and wich amp You used?)

Hi Geert & dillinger

Thank you for your feedback

The screen turned grey because The FPV signal became weak in this point
In the long distance after 2000m there will be delay in the transfering between the extender and camera

Sure You will enjoy with your new Antenna and 2.0 AMP
I think you will get more distance if you fly away from city

Still you didnt recieve your battery and Amp?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT