Honestly a little overwhelmed with taking apart P3 advance

Reaction score
I thought I broke the body of the P3 from a blade hitting a go pro but after getting it taken apart I see the mounts where the motor goes is all melted. So my guess is I am going to have to replace this motor? Taking it apart to replace the shell is a pain and I am a bit worried about getting it all back together right.

Here is my body replacement project. The four sensors in the legs are going to be a joy to reconnect properly.

AF4DC7C1-F25E-417B-A968-EC4EE1DBD3B6_zpsnhlfrvro.jpg

Here are the melted parts of the motor housing. Has anyone had this issue before? Does this require me to replace the motor?

B95556AE-232A-47D0-943E-88A92A083364_zpsseupfs8u.jpg

You should be alright. Watch those YouTube videos and take it slow. I hope you took pictures before taking them apart. Why are you concerned about the 4 antennas in the legs?

Looks to me that the motor got really hot and the heat transferred down to the mounting screws but what do I know.

You should be alright. Watch those YouTube videos and take it slow. I hope you took pictures before taking them apart. Why are you concerned about the 4 antennas in the legs?

just concerned getting them connected back to the electrical board in the right order. I wrote down the order but with all the wires that need to be reconnected it just seems like a lot of connections to keep track of. I did take pictures along the way.

Did u use loctite on those screws? That will eat plastic for sure. Dont ever do that. Screws should already be pre loctited with a dry formula. This is why they do this. That loctite looks excessive. Unless there is something wrong with motor causing it to melt plastic and loctite on screws

In any case if it is motor heat i would try to track down why that one is getting so hot

just concerned getting them connected back to the electrical board in the right order. I wrote down the order but with all the wires that need to be reconnected it just seems like a lot of connections to keep track of. I did take pictures along the way.

If you look down on the drone with the front of it facing you, the left front antenna is number 1 followed by 2, 3, 4 counterclockwise; 4 being the leg with the compass. 1 & 2 are the longer ones since they are in front. The antennas are connected to the OFDM receiver (not main board) which has ports labeled for these 4 antennas.

There are many knowledgeable members here who are willing to help you. Good luck with the assembly.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Thanks everyone. I should have my new body here in a few days and I will just take my time and make sure I get everything back in its correct spot so I don't have to take it apart again. I also ordered a replacement motor for the one that had the melting issues. I did not put lock-tite on anything. However it looks is how it came from DJI.

In
If you look down on the drone with the front of it facing you, the left front antenna is number 1 followed by 2, 3, 4 counterclockwise; 4 being the leg with the compass. 1 & 2 are the longer ones since they are in front. The antennas are connected to the OFDM receiver (not main board) which has ports labeled for these 4 antennas.

There are many knowledgeable members here who are willing to help you. Good luck with the assembly.
I thought I broke the body of the P3 from a blade hitting a go pro but after getting it taken apart I see the mounts where the motor goes is all melted. So my guess is I am going to have to replace this motor? Taking it apart to replace the shell is a pain and I am a bit worried about getting it all back together right.

Here is my body replacement project. The four sensors in the legs are going to be a joy to reconnect properly.

AF4DC7C1-F25E-417B-A968-EC4EE1DBD3B6_zpsnhlfrvro.jpg

Here are the melted parts of the motor housing. Has anyone had this issue before? Does this require me to replace the motor?

B95556AE-232A-47D0-943E-88A92A083364_zpsseupfs8u.jpg
Just finished a shell swap on mine. Wasn't bad, just be patient. The main board is marked front so if you put it in the lower shell correct it is almost impossible to route the antennas wrong. Just check and recheck the routing of your wires so they don't get pinched. I watched a YouTube video and that made it a breeze.

Thank you. When I start putting everything back together I will be sure to have youtube open to follow along. It was a nice learning experience taking it apart.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl