Home Point Theoretical question

SteveMann said:
Question, if I take off and move a few yards from home and I see a value in the "D" (Distance from Home) in the iOSD, does that pretty well mean my home point is safe?

Yes. All the indicators that reference your home location including height, distance and azimuth should show values as soon as you start the motors. If no home location is set, they will be blank.

As for the compass, your Phantom uses it to find its way back to your home location. So while the first set of green flashes with IOC enabled is strictly for course lock use, your compass has a much bigger role in general.

ianwood said:
SteveMann said:
Question, if I take off and move a few yards from home and I see a value in the "D" (Distance from Home) in the iOSD, does that pretty well mean my home point is safe?

Yes. All the indicators that reference your home location including height, distance and azimuth should show values as soon as you start the motors. If no home location is set, they will be blank.

As for the compass, your Phantom uses it to find its way back to your home location. So while the first set of green flashes with IOC enabled is strictly for course lock use, your compass has a much bigger role in general.

And height should be zero...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel