Holding P3 Battery In Solution

In order to make sure the battery doesn't back out and cause a crash I have attached several pieces of Velcro to both the battery and body of the quad to which I attach the matching Velcro to help keep the battery installed.
Really? The Phantom has two latches that do a perfect job of holding the battery in.
Sounds more of an issue with anxiety management.

Reactions: jlo and TeamYankee
+1000
The dissipation of energy is what you want.
Actually, I would want to not crash.

I also wondered what solution we were holding the battery in. Figured it was some long term storage type of liquid.

Last edited:
Well I guess my attempt at humor has run it's course. Of course the battery is secure if inserted properly until it clicks. Just trying to pass the time while waiting for my batteries and bag to arrive.

Reactions: Trumple
I'm almost sure I snapped my battery but today I did get a critical battery error. I was able to land safely but my battery was not fully in. It may have just been user error but I will definitely do something similar to this so that it doesn't happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? The Phantom has two latches that do a perfect job of holding the battery in.
Sounds more of an issue with anxiety management.

Meta,
You and I only have 1 battery correct?
There are reports that the additional supplied batteries don't click like the one supplied with the phantom. There is a 1mm gap and it the audible click sounds and feels different.
Label your original supplied battery to differentiate between the additional battery so you know which one needs the double slap to make sure its firmly fitted.

I've noticed my second battery definitely has a more positive "click" to it when pushing it in, the first battery i had shipped with the P3 does click into place but seems to require more of a push.
The main thing to look out for here is make sure there is no gap between the battery and P3 body after installation!
I think using velcro as extra security as the OP suggested is overkill.

Same issues were complained about with the P2 batts. a year or so ago.

Operator error.

From your picture the Velcro could be putting a little pressure on the release button. Maybe cut a hole where the button is? In my own case I would rather have it pop out in a crash, less chance of breaking the shell or causing other damage. It stays in fine for normal flight.

After the latest firmware update my battery no longer fits ;)

When I started the P3P once it does the rev thing, then promptly flipped onto its back battery came out. That was surprising as it did not lift off, just tumbled over on itself. Cant say with any certainty the battery was in or not. Since then I CHECK!

@Meta4 is your drone named Jonathan?

From your picture the Velcro could be putting a little pressure on the release button. Maybe cut a hole where the button is? In my own case I would rather have it pop out in a crash, less chance of breaking the shell or causing other damage. It stays in fine for normal flight.
Good point. I will cut out a slot around the tab. Others have stated that they want the battery to stay in the unit in order to continue to send location data to the map as well as to flash the lights to make it easier to locate. It's my understanding that the lights will continue to flash even when it's under water :)

In case, I may just do this velcro thing too. I have never checked it it can come out after each flight has anyone?

I thought this thread was going to be about submerging a P3 battery in some form of liquid.
Me too. That's what I expected. Had to read just to find out what liquid it was??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing