Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. KC10Chief

I travel to Colorado a lot and hit some high altitude Jeep trails. Last time I was there, I had my Yuneec Q500 4K. I took off at 12,300' in elevation. It flew but not well. When I went to descend, the quad started sinking in its own prop wash and couldn't seem to get itself out of it. Had a fairly hard landing on a slope. Just broke some props, fortunately. I'll be going back soon and plan to bring my P4. Has anybody flown their P4 at high altitudes? 13,000 to 14,000 feet? How does she handle?

Mike_Flys likes this.
  2. FlyingPh@ntom

Maybe try some stiffer carbon props to sustain better lift in thin air/ windy conditions.

KC10Chief likes this.
  3. rlphoto69

I'm just guessing, but with the major change in density altitude, your AC will always fly differently. Density Altitude causes all AC to have more difficulty to take off, land etc.

4. rocketflyer

Not with my P4 but I've flown my P3S at 12000ft without issue although it does get windy up in the hills!

Just make sure you monitor battery level as you fly as you won't get as much flight time.

5. jwt873

The specs in the P4 user manual state that the maximum service ceiling is 6000 Meters, or 19,680 feet above sea level.

6. AlecW

I live in Colorado but only bought it in November and haven't taken it too high yet. At home I'm at 5,600 feet I have never flow it lower than 5,600 so don't have a frame of reference but it's seems normal. I get the same performance as others seem to report as far as range and battery time. I've flew it from a friends house in the foothills from 9,000 feet and didn't notice any difference.

I've seen plenty of videos of people flying at 14,000 with no apparent issues. I don't expect any issues other than unexpected wind gusts.

7. rocketflyer

There is some performance hit but at the altitude I flew it seemed mostly normal. Biggest problem was cold fingers and more difficult landings due to wind.

8. rlphoto69

Hoping to get to Colorado this summer and do some flying. Sure you get some beautiful footage there. I live in S Dakota. I know what you mean about cold fingers. Lol

9. rlphoto69

Let me know how that went at those altitudes. Going up in the Big Horns and the Gran Titons soon outside of Yellowstone NP. Some fairly high altitudes there as well. Curious to hear how your P4 does. Have the P4P and hope it does well.

10. MaxP4

Hello everyone, here is Max from Italy.
    DJI GO 4 is limited to 500 meters (1640 ft) ... which app you use to go higher?