Hi guys ... from Queensland, Australia.

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just wanted to say g'day. I have been reading the forums here for a few weeks now and decided to join as i'm on the verge of buying my first drone. As i'm retiring in about 18 months, i wanted to get into photography. I happened to come across some video that was shot from a drone and it lit up my imagination. So... i have a lot to learn !! Any help i can get from the people on this forum will be greatly appreciated !! I'm about to head down into the rest of this site to post a few questions regarding my upcoming purchase so any advice would be fantastic as i'm hoping to buy online this weekend. Thanks for your help in advance. Regards...... SharpShooter.

Reactions: Loz and dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

G'day mate. Thank you for the welcome !! Yup, it's gonna be a steep learning curve so any help i can get is gonna be hugely appreciated !! Cheers.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

G'day Loz ol' m8. Well your logo looks bloody familar !! Lol. Phew, what a day !! The learning curve is climbing steep already. Went online this arvo, and with much effort i finally secured a P4P. It's comforting to know there's a great bunch of guys here it seems to help me out. It's also good to know there's a few Aussies on here willing to help this ol' bugger too !! Thanks m8 and i hope catch up with you in the posts. Cheers m8.

Reactions: Loz
Hi guys,
Just wanted to say g'day. I have been reading the forums here for a few weeks now and decided to join as i'm on the verge of buying my first drone. As i'm retiring in about 18 months, i wanted to get into photography. I happened to come across some video that was shot from a drone and it lit up my imagination. So... i have a lot to learn !! Any help i can get from the people on this forum will be greatly appreciated !! I'm about to head down into the rest of this site to post a few questions regarding my upcoming purchase so any advice would be fantastic as i'm hoping to buy online this weekend. Thanks for your help in advance. Regards...... SharpShooter.

Gday mate. I went to school down there in Mackay. I am in Townsville now and fly a Phantom 3 S. How are you doing?

Hiya Mark !! Yeh, going good here. Just got home from work. Got a P4P here but still learning how to fly it successfully. Finding the time is the biggest problem !! I haven't even taken one photo or video with it yet. I had a lot of probs when i first bought it as i couldn't get my Samsung tab A to connect so i rushed out and bought a Samsung S2 tablet ($850) and it too wouldn't connect. I prefer android but ended up with a Ipad Pro. All good !! Got a new desktop built that can edit videos easily so now i just need a good but simple editing program to edit my videos when i start. Any suggestions Mark ?? Gee, i'm glad you contacted !! I thought i was all alone in this neck of the woods !!!

Well I'm kinda close.. well Gosford Sydney is a little closer than some on here. lol.

I was looking at Davinci when it comes to post editing, then settled for Cyberlink Powerdirector pack for $92 AU, bought a week ago tomorrow. Very happy with it so far... though I need to beef up my hardware for 4K video editing.

I got my first drone a month ago, flying a P4P+ and loving it. Yes, very steep learning curve absorbing all of the flying tech, the still shots and video elements but soooo much fun learning something new.

Hi DPAus. I downloaded Davinci and not sure where to start with it atm. I was reading about Cyberlink Powerdirector and may give it a whirl instead. Would you recommend it for a beginner ?? Cheers... Dave.

yep - that's me in a nutshell. total beginner. be sure to check out the youtube clips on how to use it... not the ones they make as they have really bad audio but there are heaps of others... just search for cyberlink, or powerdirector, photodirector and go from there.

I'll certainly check it out and probably buy it this weekend. I had a pc built for me just recently. Water cooled processor, 16gig of ram, 256gig SSD and 4Tb hard drive. I also bought with it an AOC ultra HD monitor. Hopefully the new rig will cope with video editing.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl