Hi from northeastern Maryland!

Pam

Reaction score
As a child I flew u-control model planes (learned to walk the middle of the circle with another pilot without getting dizzy or lines crossed), as a teen moved to RC model aircraft where I spent many more hours building and ironing covering on than actually flying them (talk about motivation to avoid crashing, flying a balsa wood plane that took you 30 hours to make from scratch) my father stayed in the hobby, I went school, married, had children and hadn't flown in many a year until yesterday having received my Phantom 4.

I know enough to know that I don't know much and am eagerly reading all I can. Thank you all for sharing. My first flights were so easy after all my concern it was almost anticlimactic! However, I am just dipping my toe in the water so far, easy, close, manual mode flights. Need to gain experience that will help in adverse scenarios!

I'm an outdoors person. I hunt waterfowl, train retrievers and complete with my dog in the off season.

I'm also the wife of a recent survivor of acute myeloid leukemia so my priorities in life have experienced a major shift. Trying not to work the consistent 60 hour weeks.

Information Technology field..starting as developer, DBA, project manager, big 4 mgmt consulting, and now managing a delivery office implementing all the IT projects for a large financial services company.

I'm a grandmother of 6, ranging from age 1 to 10, and recently rehabbed a pontoon boat to fish and crab and tube with the family.

While the piloting is fun, I'm mainly in this for the photography. I've had a go pro hero 3+ black for a couple of years. I'm a Lilycamera preorderer for the pure waterproof, toss and shoot, but she's still one step better than vaporware

Am really impressed with the Phantom 4 so far....all 8 flights :)

I will keep reading and learning and one day maybe I'll feel like I know what I'm doing!

Pam

Welcome Pam! Also from NE MD. Harford County to be exact! Fly on!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl