Hi Everyone

Reaction score
I stumbled upon this while researching Phantoms. This Christmas I'll finally be fulfilling my dream of owning a Phantom! Woohoo! I've found some good deals on the Phantom 3 Advanced and after watching endless YouTube videos, I am super excited. I currently fly two Symas(an x5c-1 and x5hw-1) latrax alias, XK Detect 380, and a dji F450 clone. If anyone can offer me any pointers concerning the phantom, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum rtk .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: Markie Mantle
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Learn about the return to home feature and set it's altitude according to obects in the area where you'll fly. Learn what to do in case of loss of signal.

Welcome to the forums, and gratz on stepping into the phantom world :) your gonna love it. Little x5hw-1 huh? Got a couple of those too, tough little birds, your gonna ve pleasantly surprised when you get behind the wheel of a phantom :D

Reactions: Markie Mantle
Welcome to the club, I've only had my p3s for a couple weeks and love using this forum. The people are awesome about help. I too only used a cheaper drone to get my feet wet. I have enjoyed learning almost more then I enjoy flying. Happy flying and really understand the power of these drones.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: GhostRdrTat
Here's something I made for a friend so he could figure out which one to buy: prices will vary a lot and are dropping because of newer models
Phantom 3 standard basic camera, wifi control, range about 3/4 mile, fly time about 20 minutes $500 ($389 on sales this season)
Phantom 3 advanced upgraded camera, long range, fly time 20+ minutes $800
Phantom 3 4K best camera, range 3/4 mile, fly time 20+ $800
Phantom 3 professional best camera, range 2-5 miles, 20+ minutes $900
Phantom 4 Redesigned shell, different camera mount, front collision avoidance, better software controls, goes faster than P3 $1000+
Phantom 4 professional 360 degree collision avoidance, upgraded camera, better software control than P4 25+ minutes fly with new battery $1500 or $1700 with built in controller
Mavic Pro does most everything the P3 and P4 do but it folds up into very small package, goes fast, 25 minute fly time. camera view slightly smaller-front anti-collision $1000

I have two P3 Professionals...but knowing what I know now, since I don't ever shoot in 4k, the Advanced is the best deal of the P3's. Longest distance (has Lightbridge not wifi)
If I were starting off today, the Mavic is SO cool....but the P4 Pro has the BEST camera of any drone under $3000....decisions, decisions.

Sygma it is then little Timmy..... Santa will bring it for sure.

The Nether world

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl