Hey All Newbie saying hi!

Reaction score
Hey All

I have always wanted to get a drone, been the guy buying those little easy to fly helicopters for years. However they are limited in how much fun they can be.

Getting the PV2+ V3 has been awesome! The thing is easy to fly and fun to fly. It is amazing.

I have added the carbon fibre landing gear, got an extra battery and a great case for it.

What else is a good idea? I dont feel like im ready for the naza flying and i may never be as this seems pretty good without switching.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Welcome! :)

Check out the must-have list at https://www.phantomhelp.com.

mmackinnon123 said:
I dont feel like im ready for the naza flying and i may never be as this seems pretty good without switching.

Staying in Phantom mode is a mistake. It'll give you less options to get out of trouble if you lose range/sight. Read up on it some more and you'll see the benefits.

Welcome and may you have much fun!

Get a gimbal protector. It is a must.
The part of the gimbal that holds the camera is only held together by magnets. Any hard landing or crash could cause it to separate and tear the ribbon cable even if the carbon fiber protector keeps everything away from the camera.

Also, as suggested, change to and fly in Naza mode with IOC enabled. With both switches in the up position it is the same as flying in Phantom mode. When setting up Naza mode Enable IOC and then change the down position of switch 1 to Failsafe (default is Atti), you then have the option to enable failsafe without turning off the transmitter if the need should arise.
Leave switch 2 set at the defaults.
S1 would then be
GPS
ATTI
Failsafe

S2 would be
Off
Course Lock
Home Lock

Now you have additional useful modes available to either fly in, video in, or help (Home Lock, right stick down) easily bring the bird back into sight.

This document is also good reading and explains things better than the manual does in some areas. I find it helpful (link below is in the stickies at forum top).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1hohc3mce ... e.pdf?dl=0

mmackinnon123 said:
Hey

SO what is the benefit of Naza over the standard?

More control. More options. I started out like you and then switched. Love it. Never going back to P Mode.

mmackinnon123 said:
Hey

SO what is the benefit of Naza over the standard?
First, Welcome. Second, you have so much more control options with Naza. Please look at you tube & read about it. You will not be disappointed.

Merry Christmas

I olso am a new member. I have found out a lot of info since joining and everybody is always willing to jump in a thread to either just yak or help ya. :D

Enable Naza mode. Especially since you've got a lot of experience flying smaller RC copters and drones.

When you fly, as long as you keep the S2 switch at the top it will be exactly like the default Phantom mode that you are comfortable with. However, you'll have the option to flip the S2 switch to Course lock or Home lock.

Go NAZA, Just the ability to have more control if you get disorriented.... you will find you wont be as nervous about flying... NAZA is a definate confidence builder.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl