Heretical Thoughts

you misread my comment and start getting all precious about what you thought you read and then you call my comment (which was pretty much agreeing with what you said) and now you call the same comment 'petty'. do you even speak English?

you misread my comment and start getting all precious about what you thought you read and then you call my comment (which was pretty much agreeing with what you said) and now you call the same comment 'petty'. do you even speak English?
Ahh i get it now, you are either trolling or a pre-teen. I did however say "petty comments" meaning plural (more than 1). If you can read english at all, i invite you to browse through your previous replies. You may be pleasantly suprised at just how petty they are to many of us who have a good, firm grip on the english language. I tire of comments like "
Maybe get yourself a hi-viz as well if you want to feel really, really important" that are meant solely as a lame attempt to make those that do use them somehow feel inferior to you. Perhaps if you get any sort of satisfaction from making such comments, it is you that need to take a long hard look at their life. Not going to continue this battle of wits with you any further, as you appear to be unarmed. Have a wonderful evening.

Unless prefaced, folks are often not here to have minds changed.

Generally opinions are set unless one is receptive to change.

So 'say your piece' then, 'hold your peace'.

For goodness sake, those descriptions were written before RC was even invented, so of course, it has an implied reference to actual airships that carry people.

Surprisingly a good definition wouldn't need to know about RC.

Pilot.. someone that flies something. I pilot the drone.

Enjoy being whatever you think you are, you fly the drone yer a pilot too...

Reactions: David Cooke
Lol. Seems the only folks that take issue with using the term "pilot" in regards to a UAS are those with a license to operate a manned aircraft. Everyone else doesnt seem to have as big an issue either way. Perhaps the "critical thinking" should be more focused on the fact that a certain title does NOT make you any better or more important than those without. As an example, I am a licensed tradesman in 2 different trades, i often hear people that call themselves welders, millwrights, carpenters, etc but are not journeymen. Even though it takes significantly more schooling and practical hours as well as an exam (compared to personal pilot certification) to achieve journeyperson status, nobody bats an eye. Why? Because tradespeople tend to be adults.
True enough, but it must be made clear, that the term pilot, as meant in manned aircraft, have powers and rights that far exceeds those of a drone PILOT or operator.
A, PILOT IN COMMAND, of a manned aircraft, may do whatever he deems necessary to insure the lives of himself and passengers in an emergency, including landing where you're not supposed to land or violating airspace if required. Sometimes your plane stops working, including radios, so it is all up to the pilot to make these decisions, even if the passengers don't agree

What ever floats your boat.

That's all good and I like your approach too. Works for most people I'm sure nothing most people should even worry about . . but not for regulations . . . soon as you involve that you come up against definitions and those definitions need to be precise and unambiguous . . that's why I brought up the topic. These new aerial cameras are disruptive technology and they are entering the established legal rules based aviation environment. The implications are broad and very impactful.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3