Here's How A Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) Can Affect You

Reaction score
This is an official TFR publication from the FAA. Take a look deeply at the implied authority if you happen to encroach this airspace. Also, take a look at how the locations are charted. They are using a NAVAID reference with Distance Measuring Equipment, with a radius along with LAT/LONs. This is the format for how they are posted and published as Notices To Airmen (NOTAMs).
FullSizeRender-1.jpg

Example of a Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) - Aerial Colorado

Reactions: RodC
Would this sort of TFR show up on the B4UFly app?
In most cases yes. However there are different categories of TFRs that may not. Presidential/VIP ones are probably the biggest deal, and surprisingly are the most violated.

Soooooo...... If they don't show up on the app for this, how are you supposed to know? Where do they post them?

I was listening to Jonathan Repprecht tell a story on an sUASNews video about a time when he noticed a TFR while preparing for a manned flight and decided to (rightfully) stay grounded. Meanwhile another plane took off from the area and the FBI called to ask whose plane it was flying....TFR's a nothing to mess with!

Half my home city is half covered by a "permanent" TFR over the naval air station. Every time I check, another one has been issued. I asked a navy aviator a couple of days ago why that is and he said it is because the Border Patrol flies a Predator Drone from the base.

Half my home city is half covered by a "permanent" TFR over the naval air station. Every time I check, another one has been issued. I asked a navy aviator a couple of days ago why that is and he said it is because the Border Patrol flies a Predator Drone from the base.

That may likely be, however in those cases you likely can get a clearance (full scale) in and out of the area depending on if there is a public use airport there as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl