help

Reaction score
How can i extend the range of my phantom 2 vision plus i am only getting 1000 ft away and i lose signal? thanks for you help.

Be sure that the tip of the control antenna is pointing up, not pointing at the phantom. As others have said earlier, the flat top of the WiFi extender should be pointing at the phantom.

When i turn on my radio it beeps 2x which what i have read it is in fcc mode. Yes I have the extender pointing at it and the control antenna straight up.No humidity. Thanks for the help.

Download the Vision Booster App..... I live in a very active urban area... It almost doubled my FPV range.... Best app ever !

Which are you losing, Control or FPV? There are two separate radios. Both should work much further than 1000' in good conditions. What is the message you see on the screen? "Control Signal Lost" means you lost control (5.8Ghz). I've had this work to >7400' in good conditions (9500' on the P2V). On the other hand if the error says "Phantom Connection Broken" your 2.4Ghz FPV connection is gone. I've had this work to over 4000' (and over 7000' with the booster app mentioned above) but it depends on the preview quality setting you're using. I have used the highest setting 640x480@30 at over 3500' without the booster app. 1000' is more like the limit of the older P2V (non plus) system.

Aiming with the 2.4Ghz antennas is important if you're flying out a ways. Point the flat part of the repeater right at the P2V+ as it's flying. You don't have to aim the 5.8 Ghz antenna as long as it is NOT pointing right at the P2V+. For instance if you were flying straight up and had the white antenna pointed straight up, that would be optimally bad. In that case point it parallel to the ground. For normal flying, far away and not super high, pointing it straight up is more like it.

It said Phantom connection broken. I checked the extender and both antenna were plugged in. What preview settings should I be using?

MFEDDS said:
How can i extend the range of my phantom 2 vision plus i am only getting 1000 ft away and i lose signal? thanks for you help.

This is my only complaint with my Vision+. I lose control signal at about 1,000 feet. Others seem to be getting much more, stock. To be clear, I still have FPV but lose control of the copter and it returns home. I suppose I could add some other antenna but it just seems like I should be getting more like others seem to do.

PhilAnderson said:
MFEDDS said:

This is my only complaint with my Vision+. I lose control signal at about 1,000 feet. Others seem to be getting much more, stock. To be clear, I still have FPV but lose control of the copter and it returns home. I suppose I could add some other antenna but it just seems like I should be getting more like others seem to do.

Here's how you do a positive post.

I am able to get about 4900 ft max and 4000 ft on record (flytrex). No mods, just straight out of box.

I did have to move the controller a bit to "aim" the signal (and adjusting the Wi-Fi extender accordingly as well). The omni directional (5.8Ghz) field does not seem uniform. I assume you know about the null point and avoid that.

Attachments

• Max1.jpg
    Max1.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 243
I know it's an obvious question, but.... are you maintaining line-of-sight to the Phantom? I ran into the same issues a couple weeks ago while putting some video together for a property. As best I could tell, that turned out to be a large part of my problem.

If that still doesn't resolve your issues, there's a site (www.fpvlr.com) that sells antennae that will help you boost your signal. I know he's on the forums here, and might be able to reach out to you and help offer something to solve this issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl