Help with major tipping during manual landing.

Reaction score
Greetings all,
I am looking for advice on why my P4P almost tipped over forward during two (2) manual landings.

Although I do both, I perform more manual landings than hand catching. I'm proficient in manual landings in all modes, i.e., P-mode, ATTI, with or without wind, but today I twice thought for sure it was going over. I did nothing different than I have done hundreds of times; P-mode, touchdown, left stick down, and hold until motors stop, the right stick was at center. I reviewed each fight log and found only a minor deviation during the first landing of a momentary 4 to 6 percent left yaw, otherwise both stick on the 2 flights were as described above, left stick full down and right stick center.

Following these 2 scares, I tested the birds ability to self land by using the app. Each and every time it landed perfectly, and the landing site was exactly the same location for all landings.

First thought for why this is happing is stick calibration, but I have to say, I don't see any evidence of the sticks being off during flight. The bird flys straight and hovers perfectly.

Anyone have any better ideas?

Perplexed...

Comes down straight and level, no wobble, then touchdown and as the left stick hits bottom, the motors appear to rev momentarily. Today like most here, there was a slight breeze, but it was tipping into the wind, otherwise I would have thought the wind could be a factor.

Last edited:
This post is currently moot. Tested repeatedly again today and each time was as it should be.

Case closed for now.

Reactions: sar104

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka